Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You can't win all your DEs.........

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 01:55 AM
dmoffitt
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The ONLY 2 places I got a little sideways at LCMT were into 7 and out of 11 up the hill. 7 was me not turning in enough / getting into the apex quick enough and combining that with too much throttle too early and 11 was carrying too much speed from 10 and then also too much throttle too early (note the reoccurring theme?). Saved both just fine (probably worried those behind me a tad) but the main thing I'm driving at here is that it stemmed from improper line and improper driving.

I could pretend to sound like (aka make excuses that) I was "exploring the limit" and blah blah blah but I just plain f-d up and tried "too hard" on T10-11 and f-d up even bigger with not respecting turn 7. T7 is NOT a place to make mistakes My little "wiggle" there was simply a whoops-and-catch and I was a little more cautious to make SURE to get the car turned in at the right place after that one time - and carry some significant maint. throttle - I'll agree with John that 7 is more hairy than 1-2-3 (I actually LOVED that combo, could get about 110-115 cresting the hill, car gets light/loose but dancing on the edge of grip there is a BLAST) but it's not that you should fear 7, you just have to see it as what it is - off camber, downhill, a little bit of grip RIGHT at the curbing but zilch elsewhere, and make the best of it. That means getting the line right before you worry about speed through there - or else it WILL bite you.

You're lucky not to have played pin-ball with the walls...

Quick Reply: You can't win all your DEs.........