Sponsored by:

Video camera suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 06:08 PM
Greg Phillips
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Tony - I use the IOPort also, and what I found was that the camera was bottoming out and didn't sit on the mount as well as it could. While at Summit I hacked up a piece of rubber from Sean's floor jack (about 3/32" thick) and placed it between the camera and the mount. It seemed to take away most of the vibration that Summit's track provided. As for the camera being in record mode, can't you clearly see the "STOP" in the LCD panel (in your mirror)? If it says STOP, it's recording...
The IOPort tripod screw is adjustable using the two screws on the bottom. You should be able to screw in to the depth needed and then use the grey set screw to tighten it down on the bottom of the mount.

I will throw out another option. I have been using my Sony point&shoot camera in video mode. I can set the focus manually and have a choice of regular or fine video at 640x480. Regular mode runs about 512 mb per 30 minute session. And it uses 2 regular AA NIMH batteries that are usually good for about 2 GB or more of video.

Greg Phillips

Quick Reply: Video camera suggestions