Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,165 Likes on 574 Posts

nice job!
Old 08-15-2008, 02:12 PM
Jarez Mifkin
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Regear, regear! I think that would help a lot.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:55 PM
ECS
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Rog, what did Autometrics do to your oil system to ensure you have enough oil circulation. You are running a wet sump so I am curious. I have a 997S a bit deeper of a baffle but that's it. Synergy racing says they have had no problem with oil starvation on their race 997S'.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:35 PM
jenk12m
Banned

rog, have u thought about leaving it in 4th gear from turn 1 to turn 5, that way you wont have to make that quick shift to fourth before you enter the esses
Old 08-17-2008, 04:18 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ECS
Rog, what did Autometrics do to your oil system to ensure you have enough oil circulation. You are running a wet sump so I am curious. I have a 997S a bit deeper of a baffle but that's it. Synergy racing says they have had no problem with oil starvation on their race 997S'.
Nothing to the oil system to my knowledge. Just another radiator for cooling. Haven't had a problem.

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 08-17-2008, 04:34 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by jenk12m
rog, have u thought about leaving it in 4th gear from turn 1 to turn 5, that way you wont have to make that quick shift to fourth before you enter the esses
I've tried both ways. If I go into 4th into t1 with enough speed, it pretty fast, but still too boggy into t3. My car is very stiff...bounces a lot around t3 gator, so I would have to downshift into 3rd there anyway. I short shift into 4th where is doesn't matter so much into the esses and use the downhill to ramp up the rpms again and the compression of the downhill for extra grip. I've still got some work to to do there though. Next time I'm going to really analyze 1 through 5 and squeeze out a better time. I'm probably losing 1-2 secs through there.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:03 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,415 Likes on 756 Posts

Soften up the car a bit to be more stable over the gators? Might pay off big at a track like RA where you need to use a LOT of gators...
Old 08-17-2008, 09:38 PM
MTosi
User

Originally Posted by eclou
nice job!
Eclou, how dare you have an avatar like that, it's an obamanation!
Old 08-17-2008, 09:38 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,415 Likes on 756 Posts

Originally Posted by MTosi
obamanation!
Now, that would be a GREAT title for a book...
Old 08-18-2008, 12:08 AM
ECS
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
Nothing to the oil system to my knowledge. Just another radiator for cooling. Haven't had a problem.
Can I assume you are running slicks? Or would they be MPSC? It would be interesting to see what the guys at autometrics say regarding the issue of not running a dry sump. Seems to be a big question on the board but as I said Synergy has not had a reported problem to date with the 997S.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:46 AM
coryf
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by ECS
Can I assume you are running slicks? Or would they be MPSC? It would be interesting to see what the guys at autometrics say regarding the issue of not running a dry sump. Seems to be a big question on the board but as I said Synergy has not had a reported problem to date with the 997S.
Roger's car has a 3.6l x51 engine with the factory x51 baffled oil pan.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:38 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Soften up the car a bit to be more stable over the gators? Might pay off big at a track like RA where you need to use a LOT of gators...
I did a little, but still a lot for me to learn about suspension. And, we been working on the understeer at Roebling and have it almost completely eliminated, so I didn't want to mess with it too much without having Cory around to help. Next time, hopefully, he'll be up there and I can really dial it in.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:39 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ECS
Yes, dunlop slicks. They are simply incredible. I'm trying to find a suitable hoosier replacement though so I can run the contingency program with NASA. Can't beat free tires!
Old 08-18-2008, 11:46 AM
Jarez Mifkin
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
I did a little, but still a lot for me to learn about suspension. And, we been working on the understeer at Roebling and have it almost completely eliminated, so I didn't want to mess with it too much without having Cory around to help. Next time, hopefully, he'll be up there and I can really dial it in.

Just remember that setup is track specific and a setup that eliminates understeer at Roebling might do something totally different at Road Atlanta.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:10 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by jmorris3
Just remember that setup is track specific and a setup that eliminates understeer at Roebling might do something totally different at Road Atlanta.
Tru dat. But it did translate to almost no understeer at RA, so I didn't want to get too out of tolerance until I learn more. I'm beginning to really get a feeling for different problems, understeer, oversteer, stiffness, etc. but still not comfortable totally on my own to do a great deal of adjustment and I really don't want to "reinvent the wheel" with the car. I'll get there though. I learn a lot from you guys.

Quick Reply: In car video Road Atlanta