Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Schools are businesses.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:41 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Magnus: I've ordered the book mentioned in that thread. I'm anxious to see if it helps. I'm not an engineer (I'm a PhD biochemist) and while I pester the folk who set up my MoTeC and the shop that maintains my car, the bottom line is that I'm the one who spends most of the time looking at the data in i2Pro. I simply what to become a competent technician and understand that the data indicate that I need to tweak things in this direction or that direction. While you can accomplish the same thing by lots of trial and error, I'm hoping to use the data to reduce the number of iterations that I go through to improve the car's handling to where I'm happy with it. The ultimate book I'm looking for would have a tutorial based approach with real examples in addition to some theory and other discussion.

I reviewed the suspension white papers on the Optimum G site a week or two ago and found them to be no help at all. (I liked the white paper on brake application.) While I think the seminars might be great for an engineer, I worry they wouldn't help a person like myself. I'm not our to design a better race car, I want to learn how to get the most out of what I have.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:36 PM
Rassel
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

PM Sent

Quick Reply: Good susp. book?