Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 02:52 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was the track slow or were the GTS5 cars just not strong examples of the class?
Old 08-15-2008, 04:51 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Bryan Watts
Track was in good condition.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:56 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Got ya...GTS5 looks about 5 seconds off the pace of what we do as a "middle of the pack" power/weight ratio car in GTS5, so I was wondering if the track had gone downhill a lot since the initial paving. Looks like GTS3 is the class to be in in the SE.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:55 PM
dmwhite
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bryan Watts
track was just as fast as it was when we were there last september for the club race...maybe not quite as fast as it was for that sunday morning qualifying session (last year) but the weather was good and the track was in great shape at the nasa event...
Old 08-18-2008, 09:25 AM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by dmwhite
track was just as fast as it was when we were there last september for the club race...maybe not quite as fast as it was for that sunday morning qualifying session (last year) but the weather was good and the track was in great shape at the nasa event...

Well why did you go slower? Don't give me this down on horsepower excuse
Old 08-18-2008, 12:31 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Seth Thomas
Gotta give David his props....he is an excellent driver. Following him through the turns helped me get a better time. His car just didn't have the hp in the straights. I would even venture to say that he was probably the fastest guy there from turns 1 to 5.

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 08-18-2008, 01:49 PM
dmwhite
Instructor

that's my story and i'm sticking to it!

i was as fast or slightly faster (than last year) in all the twisty bits according to data, just not quite as much straight line talent this year (always working on that though)

good luck up in canadia land!
Old 08-18-2008, 01:52 PM
dmwhite
Instructor

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
Gotta give David his props....he is an excellent driver. Following him through the turns helped me get a better time. His car just didn't have the hp in the straights. I would even venture to say that he was probably the fastest guy there from turns 1 to 5.
i think my head just grew a little (shut it VR)...thanks for the kind words Roger!
Old 08-18-2008, 02:47 PM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
LOL, you think David is a good driver?! His favorite quote at VIR earlier this year was my car is down on power, I don't know if it will make through the weekend. Man I can't believe I am going this slow. LOL!

Just messing around with you guys. Dave is a great driver who has a fast car. Before he decided to go the less HP route he was able to hang with the World Challenge cars for a lap or two around Road Atlanta.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:30 PM
dmwhite
Instructor

LOL, you think David is a good driver?! His favorite quote at VIR earlier this year was my car is down on power, I don't know if it will make through the weekend. Man I can't believe I am going this slow. LOL!
LOL! that poor motor, i was just waiting for it to come apart...i was actually surprised it made it through that weekend...i think we were feeding it a quart of oil per day and running it as little as possible...

that was an easy excuse for that weekend...now i have to be more creative with the excuses

Just messing around with you guys. Dave is a great driver who has a fast car. Before he decided to go the less HP route he was able to hang with the World Challenge cars for a lap or two around Road Atlanta.
aww shucks...the only time i could stay close was when bassen's exhaust scared you at t7, lol
Old 08-18-2008, 04:12 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,599 Likes on 832 Posts

i think my head just grew a little (shut it VR)...thanks for the kind words Roger!
LOL...I don't wanna know that much about you.

Yes, from what I saw at Ho Fest last year, you are a very good driver. Why do you have fewer HP?
Old 08-18-2008, 04:25 PM
dmwhite
Instructor

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Yes, from what I saw at Ho Fest last year, you are a very good driver. Why do you have fewer HP?
thanks! that is a fun little track you guys have down there...not really designed with racing in mind (imo) but fun to drive...

running in JP this year vs IP last year...went from a 3.2 to a 2.8...kinda screws me for nasa gts-3 (i'm ~400 lbs over weight for gts-3 now with my current power) but i've only done one nasa event in my car this year...
Old 08-18-2008, 04:26 PM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
LOL...I don't wanna know that much about you.

So he has an excuse for being slower than he was last year.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:36 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,599 Likes on 832 Posts

thanks! that is a fun little track you guys have down there...not really designed with racing in mind (imo) but fun to drive...

running in JP this year vs IP last year...went from a 3.2 to a 2.8...kinda screws me for nasa gts-3 (i'm ~400 lbs over weight for gts-3 now with my current power) but i've only done one nasa event in my car this year...
Yeah, too bad you didn't get to drive the 3.1 mile version. MUCH more fun IMO.

400 lbs over weight? Consider salads! Hey, I'm here all week. I didn't get a harrumph outta that guy.

I think Sean Garrity also went down to JP with a 2.8, primarily because he blew so many motors, there were no 3.2's left to buy! :roflmao!
Old 08-18-2008, 04:37 PM
dmwhite
Instructor

So he has an excuse for being slower than he was last year.
LOL! i never thought of it that way...but now i have a new answer to the "why did you switch to JP?" question i hear constantly...thanks!

Quick Reply: Road Atlanta