Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting Jacked By Chateau Elan (again)

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008 | 12:25 PM
Turbo Stan
Advanced

Sorry to go against the trend by I don't have a problem with Elan. I sure beats everything near Homestead, the price isn't that much, food is no worse than the Chichane, you're at the track (don't know too many hotels like that) and most importantly, the view from the room:

Old 07-22-2008 | 12:31 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

I commonly use the Chateau, and agree with Stan.

Also, if staying for several days or more for race events, usually bunking up with another racer (if you can stand him) beats any price by a mile.
Old 07-22-2008 | 12:37 PM
ArcticGT3
Racer

Stan, TK,

Not the worst time for this:

Name:  Turbos.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  50.0 KB

See you at the not so bad hotel with the bad food and the good bed on Friday. Tom, any chance you'll make it?
Old 07-22-2008 | 01:53 PM
BrokeAss
Driver Carries No Cash
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Turbo Stan
Sorry to go against the trend by I don't have a problem with Elan. I sure beats everything near Homestead, the price isn't that much, food is no worse than the Chichane, you're at the track (don't know too many hotels like that) and most importantly, the view from the room:
It's not the room rate that's got me bummed, it's the 4 night minimum thats hacking me off. We're both (relatively speaking) locals - we don't need 4 fours nights, just 3. I'd pony up the cash for the convenience of being right next to the track, but not for 4 four nights.

Now about that view.... I don't care! I'm up before the sun and tinkering in the trailer while your having your Hallmark card moment on the balcony.

Bottom line, I'm voting with my $$$ and taking my patronage to another location. I'm going to have a word with the GM, Reinhard this weekend. I don't think it will change his mind, but I'll feel better telling in person.
Old 07-22-2008 | 06:35 PM
gt3cup98
Racer

Terry

Terry:
Wanna hold or hit!?!
Looking forward to seeing whatever you bought!
Boyd
Old 07-23-2008 | 12:00 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

A Holiday Inn Express with a car in the lobby gets three stars?
Old 07-23-2008 | 12:50 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ArticGT3
Stan, TK,

Not the worst time for this:

Attachment 292526

See you at the not so bad hotel with the bad food and the good bed on Friday. Tom, any chance you'll make it?
Armando no way on this weekend, I am praying for the next weekend!!

Terry, I cant believe someone else busted out a funny cartoon about turbo **** before you!!

have fun this weekend, hope I make the Citrus event!
Old 07-23-2008 | 01:41 PM
ArcticGT3
Racer

Tom,

I'm sorry to hear that. Actually, that's what Bob told me in an email a moment ago. He also explained to me how the talented pharmacist of the crack house was able to fix all the mistakes of the incapable bozo who had screwed up my clutch at the previous place (to remain unnamed for the time being). So my car is ready!!! I'll use this weekend as practice for the one after. Be there!
Also, my friend David is already looking into his plane ticket and transport for his yellow turbo for the November 8-9 Chin event. We'll have three 02 yellow turbos on the track. The cartoon will become reality!!!

Armando
Old 07-23-2008 | 01:52 PM
BrokeAss
Driver Carries No Cash
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tkerrmd
Terry, I cant believe someone else busted out a funny cartoon about turbo **** before you!!
Yeah, looks like I was a little slow on the draw on that one.
I still think you should install the "Just Go Faster" boost gauge!

P.S. I was at the crack house this afternoon loading tires in my trailer. Your CF parts were in and Bob was "dry fitting" them before paint. The CF hood is fantastic - Please don't paint it!
Old 07-23-2008 | 02:12 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Terry,

How about updating your avater to the new one?
I left after Saturday Sebring, just saw you do a few laps with Erik....
Old 07-23-2008 | 02:27 PM
M758
Race Director

Originally Posted by C4 Guy
I'm a capitalist pig, and don't mind people making money. ....but damn the Chateau Elan at Sebring just rubs me the wrong way.

The dates for the 2009 48 Hours club race have been announced and the Chateau wants $185 a night with a 4 night minimum stay. :

Well that is not that bad. $185 a night and all.

My wife went to downtown LA over the weekend for business show. She needed to bring her show supplies so she drove from Phoenix. She stayed downtown near the show building. Room was high, but not stupid crazy. The plus side was she got a shuttle to the show area each day as the hotel was one of the host hotels. The screwed part came from the $47 a day for parking at the hotel. WTF... She was there from Thursday to tuesday morning so that is ALOT of days just to "park".... Talk about getting JACKED.

I have heard of $10 a day "parking" at a hotel, but pay the room rate and then $47 more just to park the car...
Old 07-23-2008 | 04:43 PM
BrokeAss
Driver Carries No Cash
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
How about updating your avater to the new one?
I left after Saturday Sebring, just saw you do a few laps with Erik....
I know, but then I'd have to change my screen name too!
Old 07-23-2008 | 04:48 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by M758
Well that is not that bad. $185 a night and all.

My wife went to downtown LA over the weekend for business show. She needed to bring her show supplies so she drove from Phoenix. She stayed downtown near the show building. Room was high, but not stupid crazy. The plus side was she got a shuttle to the show area each day as the hotel was one of the host hotels. The screwed part came from the $47 a day for parking at the hotel. WTF... She was there from Thursday to tuesday morning so that is ALOT of days just to "park".... Talk about getting JACKED.

I have heard of $10 a day "parking" at a hotel, but pay the room rate and then $47 more just to park the car...

That's pretty steep. I usually stay at the Wilshire Grand when I'm in LA. I think it was about $25 / day a couple of months ago.
Old 07-23-2008 | 06:30 PM
M758
Race Director

She was at the Westin Bonneventure I believe.
Old 07-30-2008 | 08:28 PM
dblapex
Instructor

the past two visits to the elan staying in the same room, The Andretti Suite which is the double suite (two rooms) one of the air conditioners always breaks and actually switches to heat. Man that is annoying. But it is just to convenient to stay there.

Quick Reply: Getting Jacked By Chateau Elan (again)