Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 06:55 PM
Wreck Me Otter
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PedroNole
Again, +1.

She would have achieved instant Rennlist fame if she would have leaped across the pitcart and gone to whippin' some ***.
Well..only if clothes were being torn off...
Old 07-21-2008, 07:24 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by early_grayce
Did you watch the video? Danica was repeatedly being blocked by someone who can't find the right line. Milka truly doesn't belong there and clearly has some envy that Danica is a better driver and getting way more attention than her.

sechsgang: ego, atttitude and narcissism is rampant in racing. She's not even close to taking the cake in terms of having an opinion and/or arguing.

I think she's a decent driver, and being ranked 6th in the IndyCar standings is pretty decent, don't you think?
I would prefer Danica didn't confront other drivers in front of the camera, but I agree with all your comments. As pleasant as Milka is to look at, she clearly does not belong on the same track with Danica. BTW, does anyone else remember Ashley Judd's comments after the Indy 500 last year? She said something to the affect of "that #23 car (I think it was 23, & I know it was Milka) doesn't belong out there."
Old 07-21-2008, 07:30 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,022 Likes on 477 Posts

Originally Posted by MDL
The IRL needs this kind of stuff to draw attention to their series. That's why it's shown.

I- irritable
R -racing
L -ladies
hahahahahahahahaha

Ok...that may be true...but when was the last time TK got into a scruffle? or Helio or...catch my "drift"?
Old 07-21-2008, 07:56 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PedroNole
+1

That said, Mlka is SLOOOOOOOOW. Danica passed her but if she's going to be that slow, she shouldn't be on the track. For all of you bitching about Danica, watch the video.... Milka simply shouldn't even be out there. Danica's proven herself and would probably best any of us on the track. I can think of several people (even here) who would be faster than Milka. The level of their individual driving isn't even comparable.
I can offer some insight on both drivers. Danica showed up at a Mid Ohio test day some years ago with Rahal and a FA. It was her first time in the FA and I think first time at Mid Ohio. She skipped the track walk with us - instead she got laps from Bobby. Took her one session and she was very close to the Atlantic lap record. Danica has talent.

Now Milka. There are some guys I have raced in SCCA who have also raced against Milka. I was generally faster than those guys and they smoked Milka. I do not consider myself to be pro driver quality but I know I am faster than Milka, so that does not say much.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:09 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 64 Posts

Larry, your terrible!

Hey, this reminds me of Anderson and me in the paddock on a World Challenge GT weekend, when a faster porsche driver came over after practice to tell Anderson to move over when he is seen in his mirrors , and that he is 2 seconds faster. Anderson replied, in a confident calm manner, "If you are so much faster, then go around me". I guess it made too much sense, so that when Anderson turned away, the GT3 driver clobbered him in the back of the head. Sofro and I ran over and tackled the guy and read him the riot act.

( The "unnamed" GT3 driver was later tossed from the weekend)

cat fight. I love it!

Im sure danika wasnt the only car milka held up that session!

MK

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
I just lost all respect for Danica. If she were a man, as soon as Milka tossed that rag into her face she should have have jumped the pit wall and pounded her. Taking the rag twice and then pleading that she just wants to talk to her? Puhlease!
Old 07-21-2008, 10:20 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
Larry, your terrible!

when Anderson turned away, the GT3 driver clobbered him in the back of the head.
I think that's Larry's point...Danica, if you're mad, don't talk, get to scrappin'
Old 07-22-2008, 01:17 AM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There's another thread in OT, but I posted Ashley Judd's quote:

Originally Posted by Austin American-Statesman wire story. September 11, 2007
A long running feud between Judd and Indy race car driver Milka Duno took place throughout the 2007 IRL season. After the final race of the 2007 season the actress stated to the assembled news media that, "I know this is not very sportsmanlike, but they've got to get the 23 car (Duno) off the track. It's very dangerous. I'm tired of holding my tongue. She shouldn't be out there. When a car is 10 miles (an hour) off the pace, it's not appropriate to be racing. People's lives are at stake".
I agree 100%.

Originally Posted by SundayDriver
Now Milka. There are some guys I have raced in SCCA who have also raced against Milka. I was generally faster than those guys and they smoked Milka. I do not consider myself to be pro driver quality but I know I am faster than Milka, so that does not say much.
Yeah.. makes me wonder maybe I should get a sex change and a boob job.. I could be in IRL kicking *** and taking names.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:05 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Milka baby , pay no attn to these jealous geezers , Slap dat B !
Old 07-22-2008, 09:10 AM
DarkSideDE
Pro

Reading your comments - you just explained why it is so hard for the female of the species to participate in racing.

Danica for her emotional stress - was certainly keeping her cool "trying to talk" to Milka.

I guess you really haven't been around PMS to see what it truly looks like

BTW - Janet Guthrie use to be hammered by male race car drivers. She wrote a bio all about it -- makes this look like a day in the park.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:37 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Just out of curiosity, does the IRL have a rule similar to the "107% rule"? i.e. you have to be within a certain % of the fastest lap in order to be allowed to stay on track.

Blame the IRL, not Milka.....you stay out until you are ordered in.
And yes, FWIW, the IRL has become a bit of a joke with regards to names/talent/driving.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:57 AM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

Sorry to get serious but IMO these personal confrontations, even with cause are childish and inappropriate. They are like varying degrees of road rage and set a very bad example for kids (and adults).

If she has a problem with someone's on track behavior, there are officials present and she ought to seek redress there. If someone like Milka is within the IRL rules then lobby to get them changed if they permit dangerous acts.

Failing that, Danica and Milka should organize an offtrack PPV "Bitchslap Cage of Death" and make a few bucks from it.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:09 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 100 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Just out of curiosity, does the IRL have a rule similar to the "107% rule"? i.e. you have to be within a certain % of the fastest lap in order to be allowed to stay on track.
No rule like that simply because of recent years having very low car counts, same with Chump Car. Cannot afford to send anyone home. Heck, I thought of signing up with my 993
Old 07-22-2008, 12:14 PM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MTosi

btw. I don't think either of them have anything on Ashley Force....

Like Sponge Bob say's-

Last edited by Plavan; 03-07-2012 at 12:06 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:32 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, but would you really want to have to deal with her dad? I'd feel sorry for the unfortunate person that he goes ballistic on.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:46 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ritter
Sorry to get serious but IMO these personal confrontations, even with cause are childish and inappropriate. They are like varying degrees of road rage and set a very bad example for kids (and adults).

If she has a problem with someone's on track behavior, there are officials present and she ought to seek redress there. If someone like Milka is within the IRL rules then lobby to get them changed if they permit dangerous acts.

Failing that, Danica and Milka should organize an offtrack PPV "Bitchslap Cage of Death" and make a few bucks from it.
I disagree. Most racers prefer that the other driver come talk to them rather than run to the officials with a gripe. Going to the officials and bypassing the discussion with the other driver is a sure fire way to lose the respect of pretty much every other driver out there (excluding Milka as evidenced by her response).

Quick Reply: Indy Cat Fight