Sponsored by:

Lightning with Schattenbaum Jul 21-22...Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 08:47 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Yes, and I was thinking some special release Krug Port with some 70% chocolate apres dinner so you may as well bring the Reidel port glasses too..
Us southern folk will bring the Jack and southern comfort but we will bring the Kosta Boda's to drink it out of...
Old 07-15-2008, 08:51 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"dining pack" snobs...
Old 07-15-2008, 09:50 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by George3
I have a rare Pinot Schmeeno.
Vintage: Tuesday.
I believe that will go well with the Blue Moon and Sierra Nevada chasers. We will be over at the other end of the paddock, with Brats, hot dogs, beer, cigars...in the Scratch, Fart and Belch section.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:13 PM
smankow
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob, brats dogs and beer somes pretty good too!!!!

I just checked with the track. It's not a problem to bring a bbq grill on-site. I felt it better to find out now rather than have food go bad.

steve
Old 07-16-2008, 08:26 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by smankow
Bob, brats dogs and beer somes pretty good too!!!!

I just checked with the track. It's not a problem to bring a bbq grill on-site. I felt it better to find out now rather than have food go bad.

steve
Stop by. We will not be any high class operation, but my Butcher has received good reviews for his fresh made brats and dogs for the past few years at DEs.

Thanks for confirming grill situation, although we would have never let the food go bad!
Old 07-16-2008, 10:48 PM
smankow
Pro

well, my event just went into jeopardy. I'll know better tomorrow, but my braking issue still exists. The dealer is trying to say that my pads and rotors are the cause of a LOOOOONG brake pedal with little braking force. It was the same with the much newer track pads. Also, I have a bad drop link that they said was fine. I guess since their not driving the car .......

I'm hoping to know better tomorrow. I took pics of the pads and drop links and will be at their door early in the AM. Somehow, in .30 hours (18 minutes) they removed and inspected all pads, rotors and calipers, put them back and checked the master cylinder, which they said was ok since it wasn't leaking fluid.

The car is still covered under CPO (as is the master cylinder). any thoughts? I don't want to put myself or fellow drivers at risk if my brakes fail - especially since I know a problem may exist.

Steve
Old 07-16-2008, 11:43 PM
Tony356993
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'll be there with my son. A little father son bonding while the girls hang back at the house..................... all this depends on if the tranny gets fixed on time.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:50 PM
George3
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Tony.......... Are we bringing the TT ??
Old 07-16-2008, 11:59 PM
NJcroc
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tony356993
I'll be there with my son. A little father son bonding while the girls hang back at the house.........
Ill bring my kids also as well as a box of some nice Cigars to go with all that wine. Bobby i would like a nice full body red please

for all the others I have very cold beers in the cooler when the track shuts down at 5
Old 07-17-2008, 09:06 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by smankow
well, my event just went into jeopardy. I'll know better tomorrow, but my braking issue still exists. The dealer is trying to say that my pads and rotors are the cause of a LOOOOONG brake pedal with little braking force. It was the same with the much newer track pads. Also, I have a bad drop link that they said was fine. I guess since their not driving the car .......

I'm hoping to know better tomorrow. I took pics of the pads and drop links and will be at their door early in the AM. Somehow, in .30 hours (18 minutes) they removed and inspected all pads, rotors and calipers, put them back and checked the master cylinder, which they said was ok since it wasn't leaking fluid.

The car is still covered under CPO (as is the master cylinder). any thoughts? I don't want to put myself or fellow drivers at risk if my brakes fail - especially since I know a problem may exist.

Steve
Rut-roh, there goes the cookout!
Old 07-17-2008, 09:40 AM
Tony356993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Tony.......... Are we bringing the TT ??
I might - but I took all the safety eqt out of that car so I might have to keep her in 2nd gear.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:43 AM
George3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tony356993
I might - but I took all the safety eqt out of that car so I might have to keep her in 2nd gear.
Even in 2nd, you would still be fast !

Old 07-17-2008, 09:54 AM
George3
Rennlist Member

<< Rut-roh, there goes the cookout! >>

It seems so.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:56 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by George3
<< Rut-roh, there goes the cookout! >>

It seems so.

I just need to know by tomorrow as Saturday is when I would be getting the meats from the smokehouse near Limerock... I know where there will be beer and brats if I can somehow procure an invite...
Old 07-17-2008, 10:15 AM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
I just need to know by tomorrow as Saturday is when I would be getting the meats from the smokehouse near Limerock... I know where there will be beer and brats if I can somehow procure an invite...
If we don't get an invite...we'll just crash Bull's party!!!

Quick Reply: Lightning with Schattenbaum Jul 21-22...Roll Call