Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they always say rubbing is racing...i watching the race as i type
Old 07-13-2008, 03:48 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,728 Likes on 889 Posts

Originally Posted by jenk12m
they always say rubbing is racing...i watching the race as i type
Only if someone else is paying the repair bills!
Old 07-13-2008, 04:40 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Disappointing coverage on Speed, again. There was no mention or video of Butch's spin on the front straight and what caused it. Those watching the race might have noticed that the 20 Dyson car was in pieces on the front straight at the end of the race...
Old 07-13-2008, 04:51 PM
MTosi
User

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
Disappointing coverage on Speed, again. There was no mention or video of Butch's spin on the front straight and what caused it. Those watching the race might have noticed that the 20 Dyson car was in pieces on the front straight at the end of the race...

Funny you point that out, because I was wondering what the chunks of RS spyder and Dyson car were doing against the wall. Not to mention it seemed like half of the race was ads, if I see one more ad for "life in the crash lane" .....

Also I still can't figure out why they had Dumas start the race and not finish it, by doing that they gave up the win.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:51 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Great race , Brabham gave the boys a driving lesson Penske could use another couple of top drivers about now, the phatetic average gerrman thing is getting tired.

VR : pleaseee dat avatar has to go ... no need to put your intellect out there
Old 07-13-2008, 04:53 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MTosi
Also I still can't figure out why they had Dumas start the race and not finish it, by doing that they gave up the win.
First off, Dumas gave up the win at St. Pete's, right? So why the feeling that Dumas is better?

Secondly, you have to do a driver change in ALMS. I think the 7 car only did one stop, though I'm not sure as it was hard to track. Therefore there was no opportunity to change back to Dumas (which I'm quite sure they wouldn't have done, anyway).
Old 07-13-2008, 04:53 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Brabham gave the boys a driving lesson Penske could use another couple of top drivers about now .
In open track, Bernhard would pull away. The race was back/forth based on traffic. Them are the breaks.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:56 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

In open track, the Bernhard would pull away. The race was back/forth based on traffic. Them are the breaks.
What i saw was Brabham able to chase an close regardless of the traffic , the traffic was a saving Bernhard , not Brabham, once both cars where clear Brabham could close the gap. Porsche need to get away from this average german driver crap , do you really believe Penske have the top Prototype drivers , no way ....
Old 07-13-2008, 04:57 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

VR : pleaseee dat avatar has to go ...

Go self-mate, buckwheat.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:59 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Timo had 13+ second leads prior to each yellow which he re-established each time after a yellow. The phantom yellow for the debris on the front straight (where we were watching - there was maybe a 4" piece of rubber, NASCAR-gay) killed them. Even so, Timo had a 9-10 second lead very late in the race that dropped to practically nothing in one lap based on traffic. The final pass was made as a result of timing in West Bend/downhill traffic where Brabbam got a run. I'm not sure how that classifies as a "driving lesson" and why Penske needs to find a driver. If anything, I think Timo did a pro move by locking them up and not ramming David as he easily could have.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:00 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Go self-mate, buckwheat.
Intellectual prowess of Squidworth i see .............
Old 07-13-2008, 05:01 PM
Congo
Burning Brakes

DYSON'S GREATEST MOMENT? YOU DECIDE

http://www.americanlemans.com/News/Article.aspx?ID=4409
Old 07-13-2008, 05:03 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Timo had 13+ second leads prior to each yellow which he re-established each time after a yellow. The phantom yellow for the debris on the front straight (where we were watching - there was maybe a 4" piece of rubber, NASCAR-gay) killed them. Even so, Timo had a 9-10 second lead very late in the race that dropped to practically nothing in one lap based on traffic. The final pass was made as a result of timing in West Bend/downhill traffic where Brabbam got a run. I'm not sure how that classifies as a "driving lesson" and why Penske needs to find a driver. If anything, I think Timo did a pro move by locking them up and not ramming David as he easily could have.
Charlie,
I'm guessing you did not see the televised coverage , if so , you would see that the 9 sec lead that TImo seems to have pulled out came from the assistance of traffic , not the other way around. The traffic would first give it to Brabham , then take it away until he got a run on timo . Also the position that timo was at , he would have never have made that corner so even if david had given him the point he would have gone off trying to make the turn from that angle ....Making this clear , TImo is driving for a much better outfit than David and Yes , i do think Brabham is a much better driver , both he and Magnusson where tops when they where in the ALMS...

As the Honda teams get more hooked up Penske will need better drivers ....................
Old 07-13-2008, 05:07 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Intellectual prowess of Squidworth i see .............
Oh, the incredible irony.

By the way, "genius", DrJupeman's name isn't Larry.

Duh.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:08 PM
MTosi
User

First off, Dumas gave up the win at St. Pete's, right? So why the feeling that Dumas is better?

Secondly, you have to do a driver change in ALMS. I think the 7 car only did one stop, though I'm not sure as it was hard to track. Therefore there was no opportunity to change back to Dumas (which I'm quite sure they wouldn't have done, anyway).
Sure Dumas gave up the St. Pete's win, when he had lost his guages, TC, and quite a few of his electronics (not sure why they never mention that???), simply no comparison between that and LRP yesterday.

IMO Dumas is a far superior driver, Timo is not even in the same league (only a Pcar factory driver because he's German), just look at the resumes, Dumas was runner up in the 2002 F3000 championship (the old feeder series for F1). Had he caught the right breaks he could have been in F1. He has done nothing but impress these last two years, if it weren't for him Porsche wouldn't have as many of these overall victories in ALMS. Think of all the late race battle's between Dumas and the Audi's, like Detroit.

It makes no sense why they would switch it up after all the sucess they have had running the races with Bernhard starting and Dumas finishing. This is the first race they have reversed the order. I'm not suggesting they should have put Dumas back in, just that they should have started him like every other race for the last two year, it's been tremendously sucessful, why change now? I personally thing there were some sort of politics being played (or more likely Dumas just had to leave and go somewhere mid race) because he looked pissed when he got out of the car, and he wasn't with Timo at the end of the race.

do you really believe Penske have the top Prototype drivers
Romain Dumas? not a top prototype driver? I'd say he's one of the top 5 in the world....

Quick Reply: ALMS at Lime Rock