Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why Boxster's shouldn't lift for GT3's

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 08:41 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off, the 'instructor' may have just made a mistake. Plain and simple. It happens.

But....I have driven with several clubs that promote drivers to instructors because of shortages.
Some of these drivers have less than 10 DEs of experience and have sometimes only driven that particular track. I think there are drivers w/limited experience that are ready and have plenty to offer to noobs but not most.

I bet that Boxster can negotiate the twisties better than the GT3.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:23 PM
brucegre
Banned

Originally Posted by Brinkley
Here is a quick clip showing what happens when you lift and let GT3's pass then continue to push to keep your own momentum up. Luckily no damage to said GT3. And look in my mirror while I am under braking avoiding the spin, another rear engine car, not looking far enough ahead, has to take to the grass to avoid rear ending me. All in fun...
I think we might be missing an opportunity here. This video and link should be posted again under the heading "what to do when someone spins in front of you ..." We tell people over and over again how unexciting things are with a little anticipaton, and a lot of skill, but this is pretty textbook, including the look in the rearview as the car behind gets all bent out of shape. Did your heartrate go up for even a second? Very cool. All the newbs that ask the question can learn a lot from this one.

Oh yeah, and leave the poor black GT3 drivers alone, not that mine is black or anything...
Old 07-07-2008, 09:28 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by brucegre
I think we might be missing an opportunity here. This video and link should be posted again under the heading "what to do when someone spins in front of you ..." We tell people over and over again how unexciting things are with a little anticipaton, and a lot of skill, but this is pretty textbook, including the look in the rearview as the car behind gets all bent out of shape. Did your heartrate go up for even a second? Very cool. All the newbs that ask the question can learn a lot from this one.

Oh yeah, and leave the poor black GT3 drivers alone, not that mine is black or anything...
OT......
Bruce, do you think I can get a quick refresher course (ride in your car) of Calabogie this coming Thursday, if I make it up there by 4 p.m.?
Old 07-07-2008, 10:34 PM
Brinkley
Pro

Bruce,
Thanks for the kind words regarding my reactions. And you're right; experience, looking ahead, and staying calm works every time.

Quick Reply: Why Boxster's shouldn't lift for GT3's