Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chin VIR Footage...

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008 | 04:19 PM
930man
Rennlist Member

agreed......

i think the dyno computer showed 209 god it was loud in that building when were flat out on it!
Old 07-17-2008 | 04:55 PM
TedA
Addict
Rennlist Member

122 mph at the end of the backstraight, and yes I do have data to back it up.

I rock........
Old 07-17-2008 | 05:00 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Originally Posted by TedA

I rock........
Old 07-17-2008 | 05:33 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

I rock........
Originally Posted by smlporsche
All the more time y'all get to spend plotting your attack before you carve up the field in the twisties
Old 07-17-2008 | 05:36 PM
Potomac-Greg
Drifting

I rock........
115 and I have PLENTY of time to look at my speedo, reset the odometer, and change the radio station.
Old 07-17-2008 | 07:25 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Nope, Dell. Sure don't... Back in March we were trying to "see" who could go the fastest on the back straight... I was able to get into sixth gear after bumping the rev limit in 5th. Of course, I didn't have any data acquisition.

This time with CHIN, I did see 159mph ONCE according to the data and it was a brief "touch" before jumping on the brakes before 14. Also saw 155mph on the front straight. That is confirmed, but I really wasn't pushing the speeds hard. I had brake pad issues, as in I started the event with about .35 inches material on my pads, and they were gone by the end of the two days... I also corded the outside right rear tire. That's part of the reason I left early.

Dell, My car has significant upgrades in the power department... Larger turbos, intercoolers, wastegates, DVs, software to make it all work properly... It's far from a stock 996TT and a fair amount lighter. The brakes are upgraded to about what you're running, but my suspension needs attention...

There was a discussion on another board about how the digital mph is probably horribly off... I will have fresh pads/tires/better suspension at the September VIR event... We'll find out just how fast she is on the back straight if I can get some clean traffic... It'll have traqmate data to prove whatever I do...

Mike
Old 07-17-2008 | 07:41 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

159 sounds more like it. But dear God, those pads are toast! I didn't realize how heavy those TT's are. If you started with roughly 9mm of pad material then you really cooked the pads. I throw mine out at 5-6mm and I get roughly 6-8 days out of a set of pads (they start life at 12mm).

We really need to get you hooked up with Greg at 3G so you can have that beast setup. I remember seeing your camber challenged setup last time we were at the track together (Chin). On second thought, I don't want you to get hooked up with Greg b/c I can't have you catching me
Old 07-17-2008 | 08:02 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

I started with 9MM and cooked them down that much by the end of the 3rd session the second day. These are Pagid Yellows too, which I've been very happy with, but once they get down to about .35 inches of pad material, you really need to keep an eye on them. I was told by Craig at ********* to toss them at .25 inches... The rears had 15 days on them and the fronts had 9! I got my money's worth, but this was the first time I've ever used Pagid Yellows... Now I know!

I'll get with you off line for the connection you guys have for suspension work!

Mike
Old 07-17-2008 | 10:51 PM
930man
Rennlist Member

mike make sure you talk to Greg at 3g i thought i gave you his number a couple of weeks ago.. is set my gt2 and i think i can say it will run with most any porsche out there on the track suspension wise... the car is very very planted .... now i need to learn how to drive it
Old 07-18-2008 | 03:42 AM
datax
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LVDell
Have heard nothing about synchro problems in a 6GT3. Are you making stuff up Ken?
Here you go Dell Meister.

https://rennlist.com/forums/showpost...9&postcount=35

I just dont' know whether it's a shifter cable adjustment or something else.

Last edited by datax; 07-18-2008 at 04:25 AM.
Old 07-18-2008 | 05:35 PM
dbryant61
Burning Brakes

Ted wrote:

"122 mph at the end of the backstraight, and yes I do have data to back it up.

I rock........"

Yes you do. Notice how the 150+ crowd just ignored you, like you don't even matter. My feeling (singular intentional) would be hurt.
Old 07-19-2008 | 08:15 AM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Two years ago I was at an event and broke the torque tube/drive shaft in my Corvette (*the final straw that made me sell the car), and there was a guy there that was at VIR trying to rent his spec miata out for the weekend. I rented the car for the second day and had an absolute blast (thankfully it was only north course).

I have a huge amount of respect for you guys with lower HP cars who tough it out on the long straights for the rewards of the "talent" sessions.

Mike

Originally Posted by dbryant61
Ted wrote:

"122 mph at the end of the backstraight, and yes I do have data to back it up.

I rock........"

Yes you do. Notice how the 150+ crowd just ignored you, like you don't even matter. My feeling (singular intentional) would be hurt.

Quick Reply: Chin VIR Footage...