Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brumos Porsche 250 Daytona

Any Rennlisters going? Participating? July 3, 2008
Old 06-28-2008, 04:57 PM
srf506
Three Wheelin'

Quit going to Daytona when they created Grand Am, shame too since my old team went GA after ALMS funding fell through. Just can't stand those "Daytona" Prototypes. fuggly as hell and just thr road racing versions of NASCARS "Car of Today." Have fun. It used to be one of the highlights of my year. Now I yearn for the 12 Hours of Sebring, the 24 Hours of LeMans, and the Petite LeMans for my fix.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:39 PM
DarkSideDE
Pro

I doubt I go. Just curious who will be showing up to see who the guest starter is this year. LOL
Old 06-29-2008, 12:18 PM
Bill L Seifert
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Went last year, and it's a lot of fun. Rooted for Brumos, but Gurney etc, won. Going to Colo on vacation, so will miss it.

Bill Seifert

1987 944S Race Car
1999 Honda Civic SI Race Car
Old 06-29-2008, 11:25 PM
racerbvd
Banned

Received 265 Likes on 180 Posts

Got my tickets
Old 06-30-2008, 01:14 AM
pranqster
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

I will be there to root for Brumos. I got my RS delivered to me at the track last year and it got to go on a parade lap with Hurley. I will be there with the Brumos Brigade. Call them up and get a ticket. paddock parking and everything. My fourth trip from NM to support the Brumos race.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:29 PM
racerbvd
Banned

Originally Posted by pranqster
I will be there to root for Brumos. I got my RS delivered to me at the track last year and it got to go on a parade lap with Hurley. I will be there with the Brumos Brigade. Call them up and get a ticket. paddock parking and everything. My fourth trip from NM to support the Brumos race.

Yep, I have a collection of Booster Brigade pins & hats too
Old 06-30-2008, 02:48 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

The Brumos dealership sells these passes??? I really want to go but I like to be able to see the behind seens stuff.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:58 PM
racerbvd
Banned

Here is the info

Brumos 250 Daytona Race

Sports car racing at it's best from Daytona. The Brumos 250 starts at 8:00 PM on the 3rd of July but other activities will be going on throughout the day. Brumos has tickets for $59.00 which includes private paddock parking, special reserved seating, munches & drinks throughtout the day, and access to the Bud Zone and more. Contact Tina at Brumos (904-725-9155) for specific ticket details. Join the Brumos Brigade ! ! !

Old 07-01-2008, 12:53 PM
racerbvd
Banned

Brumos Racing Poised For Victory At Daytona Homecoming

June 30, 2008

Brumos Racing has completed the first half of the Grand-Am Rolex Series Presented by Cask

No. 16 season in fine form. After completing seven races, the team can lay claim to three pole

positions, two podium finishes in the last two races, both cars in the top ten for the last three

races, and both #58 and #59 in the top five in their last race. The only thing still missing is the

long overdue victory for a Brumos car.

As the team travels to Daytona International Speedway for the Brumos Porsche 250, their

signature event, everyone agrees that there could be no more fitting place to score that highly

anticipated win than at the race bearing their name. In conjunction with the race, Brumos

Porsche will host their 26th annual “Brumos Boosters Brigade”, a special celebration for Brumos

customers and employees. Brumos colors will be out in full force as over 400 participants are

expected to attend. To help celebrate the occasion, former Director of Porsche AG Motorsports

and Public Relations, Manfred Jantke, has been chosen to serve as Grand Marshall for the event.

The 2008 Brigade has been designated in honor of legendary Brumos driver Hurley Haywood,

who can now lay claim to over 40 years with the company. His many years of service were

noted by Brumos leader Dan Davis, saying “We salute Hurley on his outstanding career and

appreciate his loyalty and dedication to Brumos – in fact, Hurley really is Brumos, since we lost

Bob.”

The presence of so many Brumos supporters will give a big boost to the team, translating into a

sort of home field advantage for crew and drivers alike. Indeed, the drivers are well aware of the

expected turnout and are especially eager to produce a win for their fans. Joao Barbosa spoke

about the Brumos event saying, “This race is a big responsibility for us and it is more important

than ever that we perform well. But in every race I try to do my best and I always put in 100%

of myself, so this race won’t be different for me in that respect. I will certainly give it my best,

and of course, it would be really special to get a victory in the race that we sponsor. I would like

for this to be our turn-around point and see us get #59 on the podium there.”

Darren Law expressed similar sentiments on behalf of the #58 drivers, saying, “This race is very

important for all of us, especially since, number one, we’ve been running up front, and the car’s

consistently been one of the fastest on track. But mainly, it is important because this is the

Brumos Porsche 250, and so many of the dealership’s customers and employees will be there

cheering us on. Needless to say, we are really hoping to finally put it in the top spot this time.”

Dan Davis spoke on behalf of the entire Brumos group when he said, “Our team has worked so

hard and has done so well this year getting our cars very competitive. It would be such a great

reward for all of their hard work for us to win at Daytona, our home track.”

The Brumos Porsche 250 at Daytona will take place on Thursday, July 3rd. The 250 mile/2.5

hour race is an evening event, and will start at 8:00 PM ET. It will be televised on Speed TV,

with live coverage beginning at 8:00.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:56 PM
pranqster
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

I am looking forward to it. Heat, humidity, and hopefully a great showing by the team. This year I am leaving my wife and children in Orlando and it will only be me at the race. Hope to see some rennlisters there.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:06 PM
MiniDHinkle
Racer

Farnbacher to go back-to-back.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:55 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

I want to go to this event real bad. I need to sell this to the wife somehow. Wish me luck!
Old 07-03-2008, 09:10 AM
mike1111
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I will be there with four other Porsche Nuts. We are all leaving the wives and kids behind, so we will be couch dwellers for next few days. Wife had made plans for fireworks tonight and now she will be alone. I guess it is like getting your fix.

Quick Reply: Brumos Porsche 250 Daytona