Sponsored by:

Race Technology DL1

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 05:18 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Race Technology DL1

I'm thinking about getting one. I downloaded the software but I need some data to play with. Anyone know where I can download some data files? I don't care what track or car. Thanks.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:41 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Don't they have some on their website? Or PM me your email address and I'll send you some data. Will be around 4mb.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:55 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

BrianP here uses one. I'd be curious to hear your rationale for the DL1 over other systems.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:47 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
BrianP here uses one. I'd be curious to hear your rationale for the DL1 over other systems.
Well, first of all I'm on a tight budget. I tried a G2X and didn't really like the software or the proprietary Vnet cables and expensive sensors. The IQ3 has a nice display but the same software as G2X. I don't know much about Traqmate but it doesn't seem to have the expandability I want down the road (additional sensors, display). I like the AIM but it is a lot more money, especially if you pay for the GPS add-on. Can't afford Motec/Pi/Stack. The DL1 itself is about a grand, or you can get it with the Dash2 (similar to the AIM and IQ3 displays) for $1600. I read a comprehensive series of articles last year in RaceTech magazine where they used the DL1 to record and analyze all the data I'd be interested in, so I'm pretty confident it can deliver what I need. The DL1 seems like the best fit for me but I'm always willing to hear other peoples experiences.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:24 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Cory M
Well, first of all I'm on a tight budget. I tried a G2X and didn't really like the software or the proprietary Vnet cables and expensive sensors. The IQ3 has a nice display but the same software as G2X. I don't know much about Traqmate but it doesn't seem to have the expandability I want down the road (additional sensors, display). I like the AIM but it is a lot more money, especially if you pay for the GPS add-on. Can't afford Motec/Pi/Stack. The DL1 itself is about a grand, or you can get it with the Dash2 (similar to the AIM and IQ3 displays) for $1600. I read a comprehensive series of articles last year in RaceTech magazine where they used the DL1 to record and analyze all the data I'd be interested in, so I'm pretty confident it can deliver what I need. The DL1 seems like the best fit for me but I'm always willing to hear other peoples experiences.
I think BrianP is generally happy with his. The dash he has is a bit bulky and not nearly as nice looking as the others you mentioned. I think he finds that the dash almost offers TOO much information. But perhaps he'll find this thread and chime in. When I talk to him next I'll let him know about it.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:11 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Shoot me a PM and I'll put up a bunch of files for you to download. I'm fairly happy with it and Jupe has summed up my issues with it and the Dash2 product seems geared towards what I'm looking for. I'm going to try to design my own system and see if I can make something useful for us amateurs.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:52 AM
sjanes
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Does anyone use the Dash1 for the DL1? I was thinking of getting one to show sector/lap times.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:56 AM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by sjanes
Does anyone use the Dash1 for the DL1? I was thinking of getting one to show sector/lap times.
I made a mistake on my post... The Dash3 appears to be what I'm looking for. I have the Dash1, and the unit is basically huge.

Because of the size of it, I had to put it in a location that makes it a bit annoying to look at while I'm on the track.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:58 AM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by sjanes
I run the Dash1 and really like it. Probably my favorite feature is the predictive lap times. If you flub a corner or two, you'll see immediately the best you can do on that lap.

Here are some pics. To mount it, I just bought some copper pipe straps at Home Depot, bent to fit, and painted black. It's bent to fit around the dash so I didn't have to drill or mess up the dash.

Old 06-25-2008, 04:05 PM
Jimbo951
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheOtherEric
I run the Dash1 and really like it. Probably my favorite feature is the predictive lap times. If you flub a corner or two, you'll see immediately the best you can do on that lap.
I've have a G2X and the predictive lap time feature is excellent. That alone is worth the investment.

Quick Reply: Race Technology DL1