Sponsored by:

Looking for a "Mobil 1" sticker

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 09:15 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull
to my knowledge, there is nothing/very little in contingency money in PCA CR. Other groups have more opportunities, and SCCA had several contingency sponsors years ago when I raced with them. However, back then the money wasn't paid unless you achieved a podium finish. Likely similar now.

I think many run the stickers to look period-correct for racers in the day when their cars were current. I know much of the work that Jupe/38D have done is replication of particular period-correct graphics....damn good and correct work too.
Thanks for the explaination...again I think they look reall nice!
Old 06-24-2008, 10:45 AM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Do you guys get some kind of contingency money for running these stickers on your car or is it just the bling factor?

thanks...they do look good!
The stickers on my car are a mix of contingency and sponsors that have aided in my ability to race my car. Nobody else is on the car. I won't put a sticker on my car for any other reason.

No need to be period correct for a 944 NA.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:47 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

CDOC has a very good contingency program for PCA CR and Hoosier has a very good program for NASA CR

NASA has a far better overall contingency program for CR

I think I'm at $450 so far this season with CDOC from 4 races
Old 06-24-2008, 01:37 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

It's a well known fact that racing stickers can easily give you a half second a lap...
Old 06-24-2008, 01:44 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1957 356
CDOC has a very good contingency program for PCA CR and Hoosier has a very good program for NASA CR

NASA has a far better overall contingency program for CR

I think I'm at $450 so far this season with CDOC from 4 races
^^+1
The CDOC rogram covers PCA CR, NASA & SCCA. NASA has been very active in gathering contingeny deals, and most of theirs go down to 10th place in a large field. Its a great way to offset some costs.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:56 PM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey;

Lots of people out there can do vinyl. It's not exclusive. Some of it is quite good, some is generic, and some is pretty poor. Same as everything else in life. Whether it is any good or not is up to the knowledge, taste, and discernment of the viewer.

I can design and cut anything anybody wants. It is not my main income, but since that is so paltry, I am always willing to supplement it! I have tried to be relatively subtle about it. Maybe I've now blown it, and will get sensored? I hope I have not been any more blatant than anyone else. I've also looked into the business side of Rennlist involvement, but frankly I could never get anyone to even answer simple e-mails about my membership, let alone get any real indepth information. I gave up.

If you want single layer OE stickers, cut component vinyl is not really what you are looking for. Screen printed decals do not snag and "peel" from the corners as easily, but the color wears/washes off and fades over time. The opposite is true for cut layered vinyl. If the environment is harsh in terms of chemicals, cut vinyl is best because it is color fast. If it is an abrasive environment, cut layered will snag at the corners because there are more of them. The finer the detail in a cut design, the more likely it is to snag at the corners.

Pros and cons either way.
Attached Images  
Old 06-24-2008, 03:55 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull
Jupe sarcastic?????

I wouldn't use anyone else given my expereience multiple times with Colin and him (FA doing the real work!).
^ +2. Charlie and 38D are great at what they do...racing, graphics, photography, etc. See that pic in my avatar...Charlie took it outside his garage. In full size it's the best pic I have from amongst hundreds. How much confidence does he inspire on the track? He's the only guy I let drive my RS for a full session in a Black run group at the Glen with the wish, "Charlie, give it your 9.5/10ths!" Ok, I let 38D also drive it for a few laps

My car does not need any graphics yet, but I know who to call when it's time. BTW, Charlie, my helmet still needs some stickers...patiently waiting in line.

Cheers!
Old 06-24-2008, 05:02 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BobbyC
BTW, Charlie, my helmet still needs some stickers...patiently waiting in line.

Cheers!
Bobby, you're being all too patient since I think you put in the request back in February! (2/26 to be precise, based on my records...)

I haven't forgotten you, though, and will get you some stuff for the helmet soon!

Quick Reply: Looking for a "Mobil 1" sticker