Sponsored by:

Hawk HT-10 vrs Pagid RS-14

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 10:02 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,607 Likes on 836 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg Smith
Sorry, I forgot that I don't know everything.

CORRECTED
Old 06-23-2008, 12:26 AM
weneversleep
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my HT-10s. In fact, I love them so much I just ordered a new set of them for my M3.

Don't tell anyone, but I sometimes am too lazy to change brake pads when I get home from the track, especially if I have a track event in the near future, so I occasionally drive the HT-10s on the street. They work just fine. I haven't noticed any abnormal rotor wear, either.

--michael
Old 06-23-2008, 01:36 AM
Greg Smith
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by weneversleep
I love my HT-10s. In fact, I love them so much I just ordered a new set of them for my M3.

Don't tell anyone, but I sometimes am too lazy to change brake pads when I get home from the track, especially if I have a track event in the near future, so I occasionally drive the HT-10s on the street. They work just fine. I haven't noticed any abnormal rotor wear, either.

--michael
HT-10's work really well on the street for a race pads(I always ran them on the street... yeah, I know, I'm sooo wreckless ), they wear like iron, and they're not very hard on rotors(that's in my experience, I have heard people say the contrary). I have to ask, what is your basis for comparison when you say that you love them? I always thought that they were great... until I tried other pads.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:57 AM
George S
Instructor

+1 for the HT-10's. I have also found them to be easier on the rotors (93 RS America) than Pagid Orange.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:37 AM
dmoffitt
Three Wheelin'

I think my "like them" comes from them being my first pad to try after the HP+ (my 2nd DE). I ran several sets of them for about 5-6 more DEs from there before switching to the DS3000s and trying the DTCs so I consider them my "benchmark" pad. There's probably better out there and I like some things about other pads more. Sorry, didn't get a chance to compare pads back-to-back at Dunnville, rather embarrassed - I had a stupid/foolish issue where I dropped a used pad deep into the caliper / almost the center of the rotor while changing that wasted a good half hour
Old 06-23-2008, 08:31 PM
weneversleep
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Greg Smith
I have to ask, what is your basis for comparison when you say that you love them? I always thought that they were great... until I tried other pads.
That is a very fair question, and I have to admit, the only other pads that I've tried (other than OEM) on my various track cars have been Axxis Ultimates. Terrible, terrible, terrible track pads, as I learned firsthand and read about later.

So, no, I haven't tried other race pads. But, I do read a lot, and it seems like the HT-10s provide everything that I want and need. Other pads may perform better, but they all seem to have the problem of corrosive dust, which the HT-10s don't have. This is an important point for me, because I don't always wash the wheels & car after a track event immediately, and I sometimes even drive the pads on the street as I stated above.

I'll probably try the Hawk DTC series next. I've heard conflicting reports on whether their dust is corrosive or not...

--michael
Old 06-24-2008, 09:49 PM
Bill Lehman
Three Wheelin'

Received 230 Likes on 134 Posts

Thanks for the advice. Couldn't find the newer DT__ for the front of the 2.7 Cayman. Ordered Hawk HT-10 from Top Brake.

Quick Reply: Hawk HT-10 vrs Pagid RS-14