Sponsored by:

What is a tire trailer called?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 01:17 PM
OntarioMark
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scott,

For holding the tires together you can devise a device with PVC tubing, the stuff used for sink drains, etc. I can send you a picture of what has been used on the trailer I have.

Mark
Old 06-28-2008, 02:24 PM
sjanes
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I just put two verticals on the trailer and a steel bar though them and the wheels. Allows me to lock the tires onto the trailer.
Attached Images  
Old 07-02-2008, 02:29 AM
dan212
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 95 Posts

I live in NYC, so my options are limited. I got the Trailex tire trailer and I am delighted. It is so light that I can easily move it around with one hand. I have room for two sets of tires, an insanely large tool box and room on the front lip for another box if I need it. The thing is so light that I really don't notice it at all while driving. The GT3 won't take a hitch on the bumperettes, so I had one made by willwoodsystems.com. The receiver is behind the license plate which is hinged. Take the trailer off and the hitch comes off too.

The trailex may be expensive, but it is light, extremely well made and comes with all hardware. All the mounting points can be adjusted and come with locks. I have a garage in my apartment and the trailer is stored behind the motorcycles. Love it..

You can see from the picture how much space I have.

dan
Old 07-02-2008, 06:00 PM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Anyone know how they can mount any of these to a 993?
Old 07-02-2008, 06:20 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a custom trailer hitch made, really nice, and it doubles as a bicycle rack receptor, now on my boxster. You have to take the rubber bumperettes off, but who cares, it's really trick.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:58 AM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

I've got a 993 D'alan hitch I'd be willing to sell. Bought it from a fellow rennlister, but never installed. I'm definitely going with an open car trailer at this point, so don't need it. $175 shipped... remove rear bumperettes and bolt in (also includes wiring harness and install nstructions). PM me if interested.

Quick Reply: What is a tire trailer called?