Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Yea, so what?
Old 06-05-2008, 10:30 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That guy is such a tool anyway, I'm so friggin' tired of seeing him at every race. Other driver's parents, wives (I have no problem of seeing drivers' wives on TV...), even Grand Parents frequesnt races all the time, yet we never see them but have to watch Hamilton Sr. in EACH race, WTF?!
Old 06-05-2008, 10:31 AM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

interesting to see the hamiltons in a Porsche.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:47 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by constaf
interesting to see the hamiltons in a Porsche.
Lewis is saving up for a used McLaren F1 . . .
Old 06-05-2008, 10:52 AM
potent951turbo
iPod Tamer
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
That guy is such a tool anyway, I'm so friggin' tired of seeing him at every race. Other driver's parents, wives (I have no problem of seeing drivers' wives on TV...), even Grand Parents frequesnt races all the time, yet we never see them but have to watch Hamilton Sr. in EACH race, WTF?!
+1, I couldn't agree more. Talk about riding the coat tails of his own son....
Old 06-05-2008, 11:07 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by potent951turbo86
+1, I couldn't agree more. Talk about riding the coat tails of his own son....
+1
Old 06-05-2008, 11:08 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,680 Likes on 868 Posts

Originally Posted by Geoffrey
Yea, so what?
So go make me an egg salad sammich.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:25 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SO i guess if Lewis 's son becomes pro and lewis is on TV, attending his son's races as he has always done , you would through a fit , right !

His father is his agent and last year i do agree on the double exposure , but this year the balance is much better and acceptable. Dat might change later in the year when he is WDC....................
Old 06-05-2008, 11:34 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Clearly Porsche needs to have Fernando Alonso provide development support to turn the Carrera GT into a proper car, since every car he drives becomes the best.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:37 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,477 Likes on 2,072 Posts

Although I too find it annoying that he gets so much face time on TV, he's not the producer that puts himself on television. Lewis' family is not the only one. Massa's dad is always on TV and in the garage, his mother and sister less so.

This has been seen before with Earl Woods, Tigers dad and other athletes (tennis comes to mind, especially). Eventually they fade into the background. Can you blame them? As a parent, you raise your son/daughter who is one of the best at what they do in the WORLD. All of a sudden you have agents, friends and other hanger ons that want a piece of him/her. Isn't it the parents duty to filter out the bad? Would you throw your kid in the shark pool known as F1 team principals, agents, managers, etc? Then let's talk about the woman who are looking to retire off a one night stand. THink about it.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:23 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like Wayne said, the guy has been there from day one, it's not like he's parading around trying to get on t.v.

So Lewis is a snide punk and his dad is a tool. Some of you guys trip me out.

BTW I guess at least the Hamilton luck is hereditary since he could crash into a childrens playground and there not be any kids in it.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:38 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
SO i guess if Lewis 's son becomes pro and lewis is on TV, attending his son's races as he has always done , you would through a fit , right ! ...
So Lewis Sr. is a former F1 driver now?
If Lewis' son one day is driving F1, I have no problem seeing Lewis on TV. And I don't mind Lewis Sr. attending the races, what I don't like is that I have to see him on TV in every friggin' race.
When was a last time you saw other fathers (who do show up) or mothers on TV? You saw Keke (who obviously is nice to see since he is a former WDC and actually knows a lot about F1 and don't mind commenting without an agenda) on last GP and some times you see some other but that's it.
Originally Posted by A.Wayne
...His father is his agent and last year i do agree on the double exposure , but this year the balance is much better and acceptable. Dat might change later in the year when he is WDC....................
When did you last see Alonso's agent on TV during the race? Manager or not, we don't need his face taking the air time of the race.

P.S. I can't believe you're actually defending the fact that we have to see his face on TV during every race.
Don't tell me you're ditching Alsono bandwagon and switching to Lewis' now that he's leading the WDC...
Old 06-05-2008, 12:59 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So Lewis Sr. is a former F1 driver now?
If Lewis' son one day is driving F1, I have no problem seeing Lewis on TV. And I don't mind Lewis Sr. attending the races, what I don't like is that I have to see him on TV in every friggin' race.
When was a last time you saw other fathers (who do show up) or mothers on TV? You saw Keke (who obviously is nice to see since he is a former WDC and actually knows a lot about F1 and don't mind commenting without an agenda) on last GP and some times you see some other but that's it.

When did you last see Alonso's agent on TV during the race? Manager or not, we don't need his face taking the air time of the race.

P.S. I can't believe you're actually defending the fact that we have to see his face on TV during every race.
Don't tell me you're ditching Alsono bandwagon and switching to Lewis' now that he's leading the WDC...
we have seen Alonso's agent and others from time to time and i do agree in the double exposure that was done on lewis and family last year, this year they have been good on not doing too much and remember if Keke was more affable , i bet he would be on a lot , as he attend the races also. Now kimi's agent is like casper, or is it he is hard at work trying to keep him in for 09 ........

PS. I can't believe you are now swinging on the reds, what jumped ship ?

Quick Reply: Lewis Hamilton's dad wrecks his Carrera GT