Old 06-08-2008, 06:31 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by roberga
thank you for the answer, you must be a pretty good couch racer.
The couch racer comment was for teh people who will happily talk all about how Hamilton was an idiot (he was I'm not disputing that) but never even mention Rosberg doing the exact same thing 2 seconds later.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:49 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
The Ferrari is the fastest car and the best team , but with slightly above average driver this will be a struggle for them .

Wrong, Ferrari did not have the straight line speed of others like McLaren. This was pointed out several times during the race. Kimi was doing good until Hamilton was not paying attention. Masa had some awesome passes.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:50 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by Matias_S
Was Alonso's spin due to gearbox lock-up or driver error?
I am sure Fred will blame it on the car.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:54 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Ron Dennis needs to pony up some $ for his #1 drover to get a red/green colorblindness test.
Dennis should put Hamilton out in the parking lot on a tricycle with a stop light and let him practice all day on Monday.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:55 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Originally Posted by mdrums
Dennis should put Hamilton out in the parking lot on a tricycle with a stop light and let him practice all day on Monday.
I can only imagine a game of red light green light with Kimi and Hammy tonight in the bar.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:57 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Hamilton gets a 10 spot penalty for France

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,1895...666602,00.html
Old 06-08-2008, 07:01 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,541 Likes on 814 Posts

Originally Posted by 1957 356

So does Rosberg.

Pretty ironic what Hamilton said just yesterday:

"For me, more of a concern is the safety cars that there probably will be tomorrow, and not getting caught out like some of the drivers were last year. I know Fernando was caught out, and in the last few years Juan Pablo Montoya came out of the pits with the red light, and also Felipe (Massa) last year."
mdrums
Race Director

Nico, gets the same penalty as he should.
Nano
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats to hamilton, I didn't think it was possibile to top shangai 2007...
Old 06-08-2008, 07:04 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Seems pretty reasonable and it could have been much worse.

I can only imagine what a steward would say if it happened at a PCA/SCCA club race where someone hit a car in the pits while the course was under yellow.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:19 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,631 Likes on 758 Posts

Seems reasonable.

Kimi had it, I think.
Kubica finally won, again outrunning Heidfeld!
Massa was impressively lucky with his passes.
Alonso did not have the car, so crashed it again.

Awesome race.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:29 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mdrums
Wrong, Ferrari did not have the straight line speed of others like McLaren. This was pointed out several times during the race. Kimi was doing good until Hamilton was not paying attention. Masa had some awesome passes.
Straight line speed is indicative of their downforce setup .
Fastest lap: Raikkonen, 1:17.387

Mclaren blew it by not bringing Hammy in one lap before when he had a 10 second lead . I also thought they should have warned him about the red light. Hammy did swerve to Kimi , better than hitting his best friend Kubica. So he is not as Woodeye as one would think......

Hamilton and Rosberg penalized for pit-lane collision
f1.com

McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton and Williams’ Nico Rosberg will drop 10 places on the grid at the next round of the championship in France as penalty for their pit-lane incident in Canada.

Hamilton ran into the back of Kimi Raikkonen’s Ferrari, which was stopped at a red light at the pit exit. The resulting damage put both men out the race, with Hamilton admitting he had not seen the light in time. Rosberg then ran into the rear of Hamilton’s stricken McLaren, but was able to rejoin the race, despite damage to the front of his Williams.

Commenting on the incident, Hamilton said: "As I exited the box, I saw two cars jostling for position ahead of me in the pit lane. Obviously, I didn't want to get involved in their tussle, and was trying not to do so, and then all of a sudden they stopped. And by the time they'd come to a halt, it was too late for me to avoid them. It's just unfortunate when stuff like this happens, but I have no argument with the stewards.”

"There's not much I can say," was Raikkonen's reaction. "My race was ruined by Hamilton's mistake. Obviously, anyone can make mistakes, as I did two weeks ago in Monaco, but it's one thing to make a mistake at two hundred (miles) per hour but another to hit a car stopped at a red light. I am not angry because that doesn't achieve anything and does not change my result! I am unhappy, because I had a great chance of winning."

Last edited by A.Wayne; 06-08-2008 at 08:02 PM.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JimB
Look for the front half of my car to be in the race this afternoon. Another friend us borrowing my bumper and hood. It should look pretty funny.
Jim

I was wondering what happend. I thought that looked like your paint job!!
Old 06-08-2008, 08:16 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Alonso rues 'big' strategy mistake

By Pablo Elizalde Sunday, June 8th 2008, 19:57 GMT

Fernando Alonso suggested he was unlikely to score any points at the Canadian Grand Prix, after admitting his Renault team got their strategy wrong.

The Spaniard, who had qualified in a strong fourth, pitted for the first time when the safety car was deployed on lap 20 and later found himself stuck behind BMW's Nick Heidfeld, who had already made his only stop and was running slower than Alonso.

The Renault driver said he had enough fuel to complete another seven laps before his pitstop and he reckons he would have been better off not stopping during the safety car period.

Alonso tried hard to overtake Heidfeld for several laps, but eventually ended up spinning off the race while running in third.

The two-time champion said, however, that his position was not realistic and claimed he was looking set to finish outside the top eighth.

"We made a terrible mistake with the strategy when we stopped with the safety car on track," he said. "We had some six or seven laps, which is what Heidfeld ran to emerge ahead of us.

"When I went off it's true that I was third, but it was misleading, because there were people behind me who didn't have to stop. They told I would have been eighth or ninth after the second stop, and that means I would have been outside the points so that's not good."

He added: "If we had stayed on track we would have been in front of Heidfeld and in front of Kubica too, and with a chance of scoring a podium for sure."

Alonso lost the back of his car on lap 42, before making contact with the wall.

"I tried to change the line to overtake Heidfeld," he said. "I was outside the points and I tried to do everything I could, but I went on the dirty side and I went off.

"These things happen in racing and it's better that it happens this season, but (the strategy) was a big mistake."
Old 06-08-2008, 08:23 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kimi has the right attitude.
There's not much I can say," was Raikkonen's reaction. "My race was ruined by Hamilton's mistake. Obviously, anyone can make mistakes, as I did two weeks ago in Monaco, but it's one thing to make a mistake at two hundred (miles) per hour but another to hit a car stopped at a red light. I am not angry because that doesn't achieve anything and does not change my result! I am unhappy, because I had a great chance of winning."

Quick Reply: 08 Canadian GP , News Updates and Results