Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 Canadian GP , News Updates and Results

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 04:31 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,610 Likes on 836 Posts

Newest rumor has Fernando el Timador y Chantajista going to BMW to team with Kubica in 2009.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:35 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray S
It's obvious you weren't at the race. Waaaay more Kimi fans than Hamilton fans in Montreal.
I'm not sure if they were Kimi fans or Ferrari fans but it was a pretty red crowd.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:45 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Lots of folks wearing the colors of Poland, red & white.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:53 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

+ 1 Both teams should try to get him. IMHO, he's worth more than Alo (seems to have just as much speed with far less drama)
The entire starting grid combined has less drama than Mrs Alonso.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:56 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MTosi
Despite his stupidity and brain fade. I think the real problem is not him, its the FIA putting that light up, if they are serious about stopping cars at the end of pit lane they need a Marshall there with a red flag, something that catches the attention of the drivers more than a small flashing red light.
Come on. Did you see the picture above your post?

Are you honestly going to say that the signal that works for millions of drivers all over the world needs to be enhanced with a flag man for the best drivers on the planet?

Hamilton flat out messed up.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:00 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

The more I think about it the less excuses I can see him having. Since he was pitted towards the rear of pitlane he had alot of time to pull out, check his mirrors, and look down the pitlane. If anyone could have missed it, it should have been Kimi since he was the closest and had just pulled out, so he would have been looking in his mirror to make sure no one was coming.
Glad to see you came around......
Old 06-09-2008, 05:15 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
I forgot you never accepted my offer for a bet regarding Alonso's last year team, but Hammy-Kimi works too.
I already tried that bet with him. He wouldn't take it....
Old 06-09-2008, 05:18 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JimB
I'm not sure if they were Kimi fans or Ferrari fans but it was a pretty red crowd.
Both, from the looks of it (with plenty of Masa flags also). The stands were a sea of red.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:18 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

He's all hat, no cattle.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:21 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Lots of folks wearing the colors of Poland, red & white.
There were more than a few "Poles" dancing outside the metro entrance at the end of the race....
Old 06-09-2008, 05:46 PM
fast_freddy
Rennlist Member

Received 798 Likes on 429 Posts

In my section the crowd was about 30% pro Ferrari, 10% pro Miscellaneous, 20% pro Kubica, 20% pro McLaren, 20% anti-Hamilton.

While, I'm more of a McLaren fan than a fan of any driver I don't understand why so many are anti-Hamilton. I mean he's not out there strutting around like Foghorn-Leghorn saying " I say I say I say I'm the best". He's actually on the modest end of things and downplays his own role in the F1 game/process. Up until the Safety Car he was consistently pulling 1/3-1/2 a second a lap out of Kubica and barring a the S/C he would lhave lapped up until 3rd-4th place or so. Now why the FIA didn't deploy the safety car sooner I don't know, I think they drove 3 laps before they did. Considering that, ole' Marty Whitmarsh should have called Hammie in sooner.

Now, there are a lot of what if's here but he was driving a brilliant race up until then and I'm not so sure Kimi would have taken the fight to him. It might have taken until the second set of pit stops for him to get by Kubica and by then it would have been too late as Hammie would have had a 35-40 second gap to Kubica with 24 laps or so to go. Pulling back 1.5 seconds a lap and then passing him would have been a bit too much.

Now, the only reason Coulthard got third was that I gave him an Atomic Wedgie the night before (those leopard print skivvies stretch a lot) in the Place Des Armes Hotel Bar telling him theres more where that came from if he didnt get his **** together in Sundays race. I got kicked out shortly thereafter because Fragile Freddy Alonso came in and couldnt deal with having another Freddy in the room and whined enough to the bouncer where he couldnt take it any more and kicked me out. Ask Ray S and Arrwin, they saw it all happen. After that I ran into Felipe Massa out in front of his hotel and offered him a deal to be a "lawn jockey" for me (dear God he's the size of an action figure), he said he'll keep me posted if the F1 thing doesnt work out.
Attached Images  

Last edited by fast_freddy; 06-09-2008 at 06:04 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fast_freddy
Ask Ray S and Arrwin, they saw it all happen.
The whole incident will probably set back US/Canadian relations a bit. Luckily the Mounties didn't catch us or we'd all be rotting in the Montreal lockup with a ton of drunks from Crescent Street.

PS: (Arrwin and Freddy, it was a pleasure meeting you even though you both drive slow air-cooled cars......)

PSS: Freddy, thanks again for picking up the tab. When we meet again the next round is on me, unless Wayne is around to lose a bet.....
Old 06-09-2008, 09:00 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matias_S
Uh, begging your pardon, but you what you say sir is utter rubbish;
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/080620...ty-canada.html

So what you were looking at was Alonso in a light car failing to make an impression on some heavy cars. And then of course Alonso stuffed the car into a wall...
Look mate , get your **** right before you start with the personal attacks , no need to be a popinjay.....

autosport.com

The Spaniard, who had qualified in a strong fourth, pitted for the first time when the safety car was deployed on lap 20 and later found himself stuck behind BMW's Nick Heidfeld, who had already made his only stop and was running slower than Alonso.

The Renault driver said he had enough fuel to complete another seven laps before his pitstop and he reckons he would have been better off not stopping during the safety car period.

wanna discuss F1 do so , do not follow the FInn and the amigos , lately they have been over stepping somewhat with the personal retorts.....but it is kinda par where they are concerned.

Why did the Old man keep Villeneuve then?????? His first two years were full of crashes, screw ups and let downs........ Kimi won the title for them his first year there..... The old man liked fast drivers, who weren't whiny Bi&^#s, completely full of themselves and didn't make excuses.... I'd be willing to guess he would have got along famously with Kimi and would have hired him years ago....
Not that Old man , the other one Schumacher

Originally Posted by JimB
Ferrari Fans , all of Kimi's 25 fans are accounted for
Old 06-09-2008, 09:06 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

get off that BS ray , you! unlike everyone else who made and placed their bets before Australia , wanted to bet after the 4th race , IT WAS YOU WHO WOULD NOT BET , EVEN AFTER I THREW YOU A BONE LAST YEAR , only the finn was man enough to anti-up.......................
Old 06-09-2008, 09:07 PM
MTosi
User

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Not that Old man , the other one Schumacher

haha, that makes more sense, but you cant use Old Man and Ferrari in the same sentence without it referring to Enzo!!!!

Quick Reply: 08 Canadian GP , News Updates and Results