Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for Aiptek HD users

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 02:36 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What kind of epoxy? I know there are all kinds.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:45 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Get a 1/4-20 "T" nut. T nuts are a threaded hole with a flange. Hardware stores will have them. Bend the prongs down flat or snap them off. A T nut will have a larger surface area to glue to. The slow set JB weld is very strong for metal to plastic. Both surfaces clean of any dirt and oils and any glossy surfaces scuffed a bit.

Do a search. APKhaos made a helper bracket to augment the weak stock mounting.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:59 PM
wanna911
Race Car

I had seen the helper bracket and made one, I just happened to forget it and thought I could get away with it for a one day event. WRONG!!!!

Anyways, I got the JB Weld, fixed the HD+ and planned on using both, one forward and one backward. After reading that some clubs don't allow suction cup mounts, I decided to try and rig up something. The following pics are what I came up with after various tries of other stuff. I have a suction mount, so I took it apart and just used the clamping part and made a second bend in my L bracket to support the Contour HD. Now I can shoot both ways from one spot using one mount. The files are the same AVI and Race Render helps me merge the two. I can shoot the cameras in either direction. Left just enough room so the Contour can rotate a good 60 degrees freely.

So proud of myself, I had to post pics.

Last edited by wanna911; 05-11-2013 at 05:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Question for Aiptek HD users