Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accusump for a 996 motor

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008 | 11:36 PM
Brinkley
Pro

Default Accusump for a 996 motor

I know this has been discussed, however a search of "accusump" came up with everything from true dry sump discussions to "how would you improve your street GT3?"
Therefore I post for an update on the discussion. I am running an street 996 motor in a dedicated track car. I have added the GT3 baffle system to the oil pan. During a recent DE at Homestead I noticed that in turn 3 (hard left hander in the infield) my oil pressure goes from 50-60 down to 21 psi! After apexing the corner the pressure climbs back up into the normal high values based on the rpm's. I am investigating the Accusump system and want to know if anyone is running it, if so how did they incorporate it into a 996 based motor which does not have an external oil cooler line to tap into.
Please let me know all your thoughts, pro's and con's as I try to increase the longevity of the street car motor in a track car.
P.S. I know, I know the best answer would be to drop an actual dry sump motor (gt3) into said track car but that is not an option.

Quick Reply: Accusump for a 996 motor