Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nasa Race clothing rules?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 03:02 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Regarding the Cool Suit Cooler you can go on eBay and get a Donjoy 1100 Cooler that is made for post surgery rehab for about $50 and convert it to run off your cigarette lighter and you'll be good to go. The hose fittings are the exact same and the hose is long enough to run from the passenger footwell around the back of the driver's seat to your left pocket...
Old 05-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Janni
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The above is brilliant! Many folks end up with these as part of knee replacements / partial replacements and insurance pays for them. A little ingenuity and you have a good systems for lots less. Great idea!
Old 05-11-2008, 12:35 AM
ronbo56
Instructor

Default Learn from the mistakes of others!

I bought a mid-priced 2-layer oven mitt er, fire suit, that I am sure is of the highest quality. However, it is neither light nor particularly breathable. Because of its rating I don't actually have to wear the Nomex long johns but I do anyway, and the combo is freaking hot!

Which reminds me: anyone have experience with helmets that take air from the cool shirt cooler? I know there is an issue with fitting the hose around the HANS, but apart from that, what is your experience? Worth it or an expensive hassle?

Gaspingly yours,

Ron
Old 05-11-2008, 03:42 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Originally Posted by ronbo56
Which reminds me: anyone have experience with helmets that take air from the cool shirt cooler? I know there is an issue with fitting the hose around the HANS, but apart from that, what is your experience? Worth it or an expensive hassle?
Get a helmet with a top mounted intake...solves the HANS problem.

And, if you already have a cool shirt, you don't necessarily need the air cooled. You can just blow in air from outside the car which will help quite a bit by itself.

Quick Reply: Nasa Race clothing rules?