Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lap time correction: My Best in Sebring is 2:26.91 NOT 2.24.93 as mentioned earlier

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008 | 06:23 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Way to man up. You could have just let it pass, but instead you had to set the record straight. That is integrity.

c'mon, don't make this thread too serious although I agree with you
Attached Images  
Old 05-06-2008 | 06:25 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by mitch236
Man, I really miss the track.....
You have a car right? A 997S....so what is holding you back? I'd drive my BMW X3 if I had too.
Old 05-06-2008 | 06:27 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Petu, can't wait to do a track with you! Still that time is flying!

What do you guys think a good time in my car would be....997S, 5 speed Tiptronic, totally stock car with Toyo RA1's?
Old 05-06-2008 | 06:30 PM
BluemaxxRacing
Racer

Petu - I remember you turning that 26 at Sebring because on the same day I turned my best at Sebring too....2:26.386 and qualified second in C Class. Now that I've taken some weight out of the car it will be fun to see what I can get it down to next time at Sebring.

Back then, Erik was still running 35s but claimed to be doing 25s. Now, with his RS he's probably turning 33s and claiming 23s. Remember, he's in the business of fudging numbers
Old 05-06-2008 | 06:53 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 1957 356
burn the Bitch
Here let me fix that
Old 05-06-2008 | 07:15 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Erik
24 was my record in the 996, with normal laps around 28's. The new car the normal laps are 26-27's with a new personal record of 2,23:48

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DHVW43Zxkyc

Either way, believe me I know how fast you are, just wish you'd show up more and come play with us in Super Solo. Sebring in 2 weeks !!
Yeah great lap made me dizzy as chit

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Juha always is, I on the other hand, have sober periods...
true , but barely ...............
Old 05-06-2008 | 10:39 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Found the original post of mine from 2007 48 hrs and there I had posted the lap time which is the on the on the title of this post: 2:26.91.
I still have the video of that lap on my computer. The glance at the lap timer followed by the fist pumping and screaming is great.
Old 05-06-2008 | 11:02 PM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TD in DC
c'mon, don't make this thread too serious although I agree with you
TD, that pic with B.Simpson is just hilarious!!!!

Once a year seems to be enough track days for me... Not really, I can't come to Sebring in two weeks (the usual, I'm in Italy) but there should be few days during the summer I will make. Hopefully at least 2 of them are at Sebring.
I hear you Petu, I would've wanted to come to Sebring too with PBOC/PCA but between returning from Singapore late on Friday night and leaving to France early on Monday morning, I think I'd be looking at a divorce If I were to even suggest spending the weekend at the track... (plus she knows I just spent two consecutive weekends at Homestead & Sebring while she was travelling)

Now we need to find a way to get me dip into low 2:30s at Sebring so we can start harrassing Erik together; the other one in front of him and the other behind. With all that Finnish pressure, he's bound to eventually turn a slow lap or mow the lawn...
Old 05-07-2008 | 12:27 AM
tman
Pro

Juha, your avatar is kickass, Keke FTMFW.
Old 05-07-2008 | 09:14 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

You guys crack me up! Bart Simpson was the best though!
(that image is saved on my computer now)

Originally Posted by Chris M.
I still have the video of that lap on my computer. The glance at the lap timer followed by the fist pumping and screaming is great.
Chris,

That was the 2.29 lap, I was pretty stoked when I saw that, I knew there arean't many 993s that have gone below 2.30 so I scremed a little... It's pretty funny...

Juha, we can drive side by side and block Erik, that should work pretty well. Sebring has long straights and Erik has a ton of power but if we really be careful we should be able to do that.

We'll get you to low 2.30s with your car with no problems, hopefully we can get at least 2 days together at Sebring during the summer.
Old 05-07-2008 | 10:30 AM
Erik
Burning Brakes

Mitch, come on in, the water is nice and warm. We miss you.

Rich, you won't touch 2:32's if you're using the "special front R888's" that I had made for you and then supposedly donated. I have nothing to worry about. And you thought that they were free :-)

Yeah great lap made me dizzy as chit
The vibration is driving me nuts too, Chasecam mounted to my rollbar, and I hope that I have it remedied, but it was not like I was going to delete my best lap ever around Sebring. And I go there at least 20 days a year for the last 5-6 years.
Old 05-07-2008 | 10:46 AM
mdrums
Race Director

You guys crack me up! Bart Simpson was the best though!
(that image is saved on my computer now)

Chris,

Juha, we can drive side by side and block Erik, that should work pretty well. Sebring has long straights and Erik has a ton of power but if we really be careful we should be able to do that.
Petu, it's more simple than that....just don't give him the point by!

Quick Reply: Lap time correction: My Best in Sebring is 2:26.91 NOT 2.24.93 as mentioned earlier