Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VIR or Mosport club race

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008 | 04:29 PM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Oh c'mon guys. The heat index on August 9th last year at VIR when we were there with Wilderness Trail PCA was only 105... It was nothing. Really... I promise... It felt like springtime...
Old 05-06-2008 | 04:37 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by joel-cs
Most likely going to Mosport. Can't...take...the...heat.....
I'll probably end up there as well.
Old 05-06-2008 | 04:39 PM
pat056
Rennlist Member

Look at NASA-MA in July for a good Saturday/Sunday event. Danville's especially nice in July.
Now that I've confirmed my reservation, the best motel IMO is the Best Western. $71/night.
I used to love the PCA/Rolex events at VIR. I must have been the only one because it never sold out.
I'm opting for PCA/VIR vs. NASA Rd. Atl.. Now THAT was a tough decision.
Old 05-06-2008 | 09:22 PM
Justin M
Intermediate

going to try and do both- never done back to back weekends before, but I love both tracks.
Am I nuts?
Old 05-06-2008 | 09:24 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Justin M
going to try and do both- never done back to back weekends before, but I love both tracks.
Am I nuts?
No, perfectly normal as far as I'm concerned.
Old 05-06-2008 | 10:02 PM
Giacomo
Pro

I've got to plug the home track so here goes - while the track, facilities and setting at VIR are clearly superior to Mosport, the blind, downhill, off-camber, double apex while accelerating hard in fourth gear turn 2 at Mosport is the only portion of asphalt I have visited that consistently makes the butt-cheeks pucker, lap after lap after lap....

Having said that, I may try to do both.
Old 05-06-2008 | 10:14 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Giacomo
I've got to plug the home track so here goes - while the track, facilities and setting at VIR are clearly superior to Mosport, the blind, downhill, off-camber, double apex while accelerating hard in fourth gear turn 2 at Mosport is the only portion of asphalt I have visited that consistently makes the butt-cheeks pucker, lap after lap after lap....

Having said that, I may try to do both.
Have you taken the rising esses at VIR at over 128 mph upon entry (and this is relatively slow itself)? THATs a pucker factor if you ask me!
Old 05-06-2008 | 10:36 PM
por29
Racer

Coming from NY it's about 11 hours in either direction for me but, I'll choose Mosport in July over VIR although I love VIR. I like to go South in the winter and North in the summer.

Bill

www.rudtnersracing.com
Old 05-06-2008 | 10:55 PM
Giacomo
Pro

Originally Posted by sechsgang
Have you taken the rising esses at VIR at over 128 mph upon entry (and this is relatively slow itself)? THATs a pucker factor if you ask me!
Regrettably, during my only visit two years ago, my DE instructor would not permit such debauchery. But seriously, can you pass in that section? I've actually seen three wide in turn 2 and heard about a four wide pass. When I asked the german driver (a current UCR director) about the alleged four wide pass he responded: VYA, ZAT IZ RAYZING...
Old 05-06-2008 | 11:23 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by sechsgang
There is no turn at VIR that is even close to the pucker factor or T2 at Mosport. Imagine doing a much longer version of T14 at VIR, but off camber with a concrete wall with no tires about 2 feet away, and the apex actually being in a rain gully.
Old 05-06-2008 | 11:44 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Giacomo
Regrettably, during my only visit two years ago, my DE instructor would not permit such debauchery. But seriously, can you pass in that section? I've actually seen three wide in turn 2 and heard about a four wide pass. When I asked the german driver (a current UCR director) about the alleged four wide pass he responded: VYA, ZAT IZ RAYZING...
Hell, you could just go 4 straight and CUT those esses...now thems some seriouz racin!

And ya, you can definitely pass there...I would definitely want to be the car on the INSIDE (left) of the first S though as if you have to wait too long on the right, youll get screwed by every car behind you in no time at all if you can even make it up the esses in the first place...haha

Quick Reply: VIR or Mosport club race