Sponsored by:

NASA 944 Spec Midwest Opener @ Gateway

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 04:40 AM
Sterling Doc
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default NASA 944 Spec Midwest Opener @ Gateway

944 Spec had a breakout day at GIR with 13 cars, and 4 new drivers added to the comp ranks. Thanks to the RM region contingent for blowing this up big! No I'm not talking about Cullen Winter's motor :wink: . While I'm still gathering up some info for the race report, I though I'd post some pics below. Every car had video Sunday, and is being edited into one awesome video - look for it soon. It was a great event all around, despite some carnage from the many walls of Gateway. (see pics below)

The 944 Spec Crew! [note to self, put the banner in front of the picture]

Jeff Eshelman's pretty GT3-orange 944 stands out! (as does his IDOT worker- racing suit!)

Good close racing, with no car to car contact all weekend.

Weston doing some close up spectating

Any bets on who won this race?

Robyn's VFC hospitality. Hot lunch Mmmm... It's a different kind of
race fuel for BJ Meyer (second from the right)

Doug of VFC keeping 'em rollin' with lots of moral support here:

The carnage - lots o' walls, not so much grass :

Chuck Taylor, man of steel, holds the car up on his head! 944 Spec teamwork got this car back out on the track!

Angel gets some help pounding out the dents

Special thanks to Andy Berberich of Coop Racing for contributing part to keeps us going (including me).

Flipping burgers is much more dangerous than racing, but nothing my wife can't handle. As for Zach, well, the eyebrows will grow back.

Every Midwest 944 Spec driver walked away with at least $100 cash contingency, even right out of comp school! Over $2,500 of contingencies were given away among 13 drivers!

If this looks like fun (and it is), come Check us out!

Quick Reply: NASA 944 Spec Midwest Opener @ Gateway