Sponsored by:

2008 ONELAP of AMERICA FLM effort.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 11:27 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by DAVISRILEY
Congrats mark and drew on another wicked performance! 5 in a row, amazing!
+1!!!!! Great job with the electronic problems to overcome
Old 05-11-2008, 05:08 PM
Pilot_951S
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm taking a year off from the One Lap...

I'm not going next year, I need to step away from the event for at least a year.

I think at this point we've proven that a "relatively fast", reliable car is the ticket to win the overall honors even if it isn't the fastest car or the fastest driver. I know Mark wants to do the event again next year but we're planning some major changes to the car and it will probably take more than a year to get them designed and tested so if he goes it will probably be in something else.

One Lap has been good to us and after 5 in a row I think it is time to give the old girl a break. She's got 55,000 miles and 7 years of One Laps. To this day the engine has never been opened. What an amazing car...
Old 05-11-2008, 09:17 PM
djb_rh
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I'll be back in the Cayman.

I want to thank Leh for being a great codriver. We had a blast and really wanted to finish it. It just wasn't meant to be. I think he has other plans (assuming his Rolex schedule even allows it), so I'm going to be poking around for another codriver.

The Cayman will have more power (well, more power than even the X51 motor had if it had been running right, which it wasn't), it'll be lighter, and it'll handle better than it did this year, too.

--Donnie
Old 05-11-2008, 11:34 PM
kingleh
Burning Brakes

Received 67 Likes on 17 Posts

i wana say congrats to you Drew and Mark... you guys got it down.. and built and drove the car yourselves... beating big efforts like mongoose and Dodge/hennessy...

way to go...
Old 05-11-2008, 11:37 PM
kingleh
Burning Brakes

Received 67 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by djb_rh

I want to thank Leh for being a great codriver. We had a blast and really wanted to finish it. It just wasn't meant to be. I think he has other plans (assuming his Rolex schedule even allows it), so I'm going to be poking around for another codriver.

The Cayman will have more power (well, more power than even the X51 motor had if it had been running right, which it wasn't), it'll be lighter, and it'll handle better than it did this year, too.

--Donnie
24 hour nurburgspec that thing hoss....

thanks again... it was Bad A doing it with you.....

and i love that little cayman... as i know you do too....
Old 05-12-2008, 01:46 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 811 Likes on 464 Posts

--Donnie
Donnie,

Glad you had fun, I felt bad that the Cayman never ran right. It would have been real fun watching Ian & Leh go head to head. The GT3 will not be back next year as I do not want to go all the way to full track with it. I was impressed with Catesby Jone's Active Autowerks E46 M3, 430whp, so we are going to join you in SSGT1 SB next year with the E46 M3 with a few mods.

Peter
2008 OLOA SSGT1 BB 4th Overall Porsche GT3
Old 05-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Pilot_951S
Advanced

i wana say congrats to you Drew and Mark... you guys got it down.. and built and drove the car yourselves... beating big efforts like mongoose and Dodge/hennessy...

way to go...
Thanks Leh!

We have had some serious help along the way especially from Fairfield County Motorsport (which is where I work), and help both financially and with parts and engineering from our various sponsors over the years. It is definitely a group effort keeping a car like this one running and competetive.

It should be good fun to see Donnie's reborm Cayman and if Peter and Ian are driving a boosted M3 it is sure to be fast as well. Good luck in both your efforts.

I'll be back at some point but I don't know what form it will be in.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:50 PM
djb_rh
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Peter, please find a slower codriver. I'll likely be doing more driving next year and probably can't keep up with Ian no matter what he drives!

It was fun, and congratulations to Mark and Drew. Winning five of these things is pretty amazing. Nice job.

--Donnie
Old 05-13-2008, 06:07 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Peter, please find a slower codriver. I'll likely be doing more driving next year and probably can't keep up with Ian no matter what he drives!

It was fun, and congratulations to Mark and Drew. Winning five of these things is pretty amazing. Nice job.

--Donnie
Sorry Donnie, the co-driver stays the same. I do hope to drive several more tracks next year if I can figure out how to go fast right out of the start and not take all day to work up to it. I guess I need more practice.

Peter
Old 05-14-2008, 10:01 AM
Pilot_951S
Advanced

Thanks Donnie!

Peter, Guys like Mark and Ian have an edge when it comes to being able to switch on the Go-Fast part of the brain. I've been as fast as Mark at a lot of track days and Autocrosses but never in the Morning...
Old 05-14-2008, 11:48 AM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pilot_951S
Thanks Donnie!

Peter, Guys like Mark and Ian have an edge when it comes to being able to switch on the Go-Fast part of the brain. I've been as fast as Mark at a lot of track days and Autocrosses but never in the Morning...
Truer words were never spoken. It takes me all day to even get within shouting distance of Ian.

Peter

Quick Reply: 2008 ONELAP of AMERICA FLM effort.....