Forced Air for Helmets

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 08:52 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Rick mine is the 16 qt. system as shown here: http://www.fastraceproducts.com/page...tcoolers/fa152

Yes I believe all the hoses are interchangable. I have the FAST system in my cup, and the Cool Shirt system in my Boxster and the connectors are the same. What system do you have for your cooler?

jrgordonsenior@msn.com
Still interested in the swap? I've got my Cool Sys cooler ready to ship if things work out on your end.

Thanks,

Rick
Old 04-26-2008, 12:23 AM
fatbillybob
Drifting

Received 152 Likes on 94 Posts

Some closed cars like the GT1 corvette actually have an A/C system in them for the driver. IIRC some series actually have to have an A/C unit in them. Does anyone know how those hook up? It can't work like a normal car because a helmet and suit would act like a ski jacket and insulate you from the cool air. So may its like a space suit hookup?
Old 04-26-2008, 11:09 AM
ngoldrich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nascar & many other prof race series use the Koolbox setup. - expensive but supposed to work well .

I believe they draw circa 20 amps.

They are self-contained witgh only a power hookup..

http://koolboxproducts.com/

Norm
Old 04-26-2008, 11:58 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,591 Likes on 831 Posts

Originally Posted by fatbillybob
Some closed cars like the GT1 corvette actually have an A/C system in them for the driver. IIRC some series actually have to have an A/C unit in them. Does anyone know how those hook up? It can't work like a normal car because a helmet and suit would act like a ski jacket and insulate you from the cool air. So may its like a space suit hookup?
IIRC, Daytona Prototypes mandate in cockpit A/C that is electric (so no HP drag).
Old 04-26-2008, 12:14 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 07 and up RSRs have A/C built in. Mandated. I guess that means Ferrari's, et all must have it also.

Edit: The fittings for the Cooling Systems are John Guess. They can be purchase in places other than race shops for less $.

Last edited by paradisenb; 04-26-2008 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Added info

Quick Reply: Forced Air for Helmets