Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCA Club Race Rule Change proposals for next year is open!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 08:32 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 172 Posts
Default PCA Club Race Rule Change proposals for next year is open!

Club Racing News and Registration Information

Announcements:

The Rule Change proposal period for PCA Club Racing is now open. Send your rule change proposals to CRrules@pca.org by June 1, 2008.

Club Racing News 08.1 is on-line www.pca.org/clubrace/newsletter

Club Racing Sponsors contact information is available at www.pca.org/clubrace/sponsors

Club Racing webpage www.pca.org/clubrace
2008 Schedule

Contacts and Officials (e-mail addresses)

Race Results

Sponsors

Rules, Licensing and Forms

Race Prep Technical Support
Old 04-22-2008, 09:14 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

on my list...

Allow removal of passenger seat in stock classes
Allow full removal of flammable interior bits in stock classes
Old 04-22-2008, 10:38 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by 1957 356
on my list...

Wonder what is better, to send in one letter with a list signed by a number of drivers or individual letters with the same proposals?
Old 04-22-2008, 10:49 AM
sbarton
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Remove AC components in air cooled cars.

-Scott
Old 04-22-2008, 11:02 AM
BluemaxxRacing
Racer

Now that GTB is becoming a more popular class, I would love to see GTB be split up into two seperate classes. Right now, GTB is a class which includes all 996 and 997 based raced cars and for someone like me who races a '99 3.4 liter, it is hard (if not impossible at times) to compete with a 3.6 liter 996, not to mention a 997. If I had my way, I would split GTB into two classes; GTB1 would include all 3.4 liter 996 cars and GTB2 would include all 3.6 liter 996 and 997 cars. Something would also need to be done to safeguard against someone enterting a 3.8 liter 997S into this class. Maybe GTB3? Anyways, here is my .02 cents
Old 04-22-2008, 12:36 PM
MarkSchu
Instructor

I agree. In my opinion this is an obsolete rule that does nothing to improve competition or safety of the cars. I just don't get it.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:46 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,028 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by 1957 356
on my list...

ill second those
Old 04-22-2008, 02:08 PM
coryf
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by BluemaxxRacing
Now that GTB is becoming a more popular class, I would love to see GTB be split up into two seperate classes. Right now, GTB is a class which includes all 996 and 997 based raced cars and for someone like me who races a '99 3.4 liter, it is hard (if not impossible at times) to compete with a 3.6 liter 996, not to mention a 997. If I had my way, I would split GTB into two classes; GTB1 would include all 3.4 liter 996 cars and GTB2 would include all 3.6 liter 996 and 997 cars. Something would also need to be done to safeguard against someone enterting a 3.8 liter 997S into this class. Maybe GTB3? Anyways, here is my .02 cents
Or maybe have a lower min weight for various cars. 2700 for 3.4 2800 for 3.6 2900 for "s".
Old 04-22-2008, 02:25 PM
chrisp
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Modified 13/13 that allows drivers having a single car incident to finish their weekend.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:47 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Wonder what is better, to send in one letter with a list signed by a number of drivers or individual letters with the same proposals?
I may be wrong but I think it would be more compelling to send in a letter that has several dozen signatures or at least list the names of those who support it with contact info if the submission is done electronically.
  • I think the idea of removing flammable items from the interior of stock cars is a good proposal.
  • The ideal of removing the passenger seats in stock cars goes directly to the issue of how much PCA racing has changed. Oringinally, stock classes were so you could drive your car to the track & race it...a lot has changed. I could support this.
  • I agree with removing A/C but feel that it should be for all stock classes...not just air cooled cars.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:25 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,028 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisp
Modified 13/13 that allows drivers having a single car incident to finish their weekend.
ooh...thats good too...
Old 04-22-2008, 03:39 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick
I may be wrong but I think it would be more compelling to send in a letter that has several dozen signatures or at least list the names of those who support it with contact info if the submission is done electronically.
  • I think the idea of removing flammable items from the interior of stock cars is a good proposal.
  • The ideal of removing the passenger seats in stock cars goes directly to the issue of how much PCA racing has changed. Oringinally, stock classes were so you could drive your car to the track & race it...a lot has changed. I could support this.
  • I agree with removing A/C but feel that it should be for all stock classes...not just air cooled cars.
I would strongly support the first one. The other two are nice, but I can't really make a strong case for them.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:40 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

All great! Has someone ever compiled how many truly "street driven" cars have been entered in a club race in the past, say, 5 years v. 15 years ago when things first got going? I'd hate to be the one dude with 2nd degree (or worse) burns from a wreck that could have been much, much, much less severe without all the plastic and other flammable material around..........
Old 04-22-2008, 03:49 PM
chrisp
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this really a vote generating proposition? Meaning, does it matter if they get a single submission or a submission (more like a petition) with dozens of signatures? My take has always been that whatever is submitted goes on a list, the list is reviewed and then voted on by a committee. I didn't think popularity of the idea mattered, just sensibility and it being within the spirit of PCA racing. Otherwise they would post ideas and ask for a club wide vote, wouldn't they?
Old 04-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by race911
All great! Has someone ever compiled how many truly "street driven" cars have been entered in a club race in the past, say, 5 years v. 15 years ago when things first got going? I'd hate to be the one dude with 2nd degree (or worse) burns from a wreck that could have been much, much, much less severe without all the plastic and other flammable material around..........
What I don't get about the "we require a flammable interior" rule is that I don't believe an interior is required as part of a car inspection. So, the car can still be street legal without an interior, passenger car seat, A/C, etc.

FWIW, except for that I no longer have a horn on the car, my car is still street legal.

Quick Reply: PCA Club Race Rule Change proposals for next year is open!