Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCA Club Race Rule Change proposals for next year is open!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008 | 10:24 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Although Donna has written "If it's not in the rule book, it's not allowed", I can think of a number of allowances that PCA has granted to stock and prepared cars that are not specifically addressed in the rules, remote reservoir suspensions in a stock car being the most obvious one. As such, Petu, I think you should shoot an email over to Donna to verify the legality of your car and then keep the email in your logbook.
Thanks Mark,

That I was hoping for, plus the valuable resouce of you club guys here in Rennlist never fail to help, thanks for all for that!

Originally Posted by Rick
P,

Every day is a track day for you...I've seen you drive.

Rick
OK, so can you act as PCA's head instructor and sign me off..?

I actually checked PBOC & PCA calendars and it seems I'm probably able to squeeze ~8 days for this year meaning with last years 4 I should be able to have 12 but what if I fall short (i.e. only 10 or 11 days)?
Old 04-26-2008 | 01:04 AM
Dan in Florida
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flying Finn

I actually checked PBOC & PCA calendars and it seems I'm probably able to squeeze ~8 days for this year meaning with last years 4 I should be able to have 12 but what if I fall short (i.e. only 10 or 11 days)?
Petu,

I have a feeling the powers that be could find a way to include you. We need you aboard. PCA has races coming up at VIR, Daytona and Roebling. Followed by the 48 Hr at Sebring next February.

Dan
Old 04-26-2008 | 01:33 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

I dunno.
But I'm gonna be 40 in next January and 48 hrs of Sebring is closely after that, maybe that's enough for a reason to do it..?
And all this talk that 2.26 at Sebring is practically impossible with a stock class 993...

40! is that human years or the amount of times you have been hit in the head by a hockey Puck ....
Old 04-26-2008 | 08:30 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

What about the silly stuff such as interior light?
The silly stuff would need to be done for sure. The only part I think you could argue is the alum hood (because of the crash). But you would definitely need to do the small washer bottle, no hood shocks, hood pins, radio block off, lightweight glass, etc. The other ones I thought of that would be hard are no undercoating and the lightweight wiring harness (I think the 993RSCS had one of those).

I'll get the video of that 2.24 out (once Juha "digitizes" it) but it was done with underweight car for stock 993 class.
How underweight? If it was 150 lbs or more underwight, I could buy the 2:24.9
Old 04-26-2008 | 02:13 PM
FLA997
Drifting

Originally Posted by 38D
The silly stuff would need to be done for sure. The only part I think you could argue is the alum hood (because of the crash). But you would definitely need to do the small washer bottle, no hood shocks, hood pins, radio block off, lightweight glass, etc. The other ones I thought of that would be hard are no undercoating and the lightweight wiring harness (I think the 993RSCS had one of those).
Even though I have most of the above, I'm thinking NASA may be a better fit, or possibility, for my car. That wiring harness and the seam welding are the tough ones! Thanks again for your knowledge and help Colin.
Old 04-27-2008 | 12:42 PM
esscape26
Racer

I would like a rule that specifically gives the steward the discretion to make a "no call" in 13/13s at the track. It seems they are forced to make a call one way or the other and always do. In other cases, the original "adjudication" takes months (if it's that difficult to assign fault, then a decision may not be necessary). In addition, that two drivers with insignificant rubs can go to the steward together, if they agree, and request a "no call."
Old 04-27-2008 | 07:37 PM
84-944
Instructor

Originally Posted by esscape26
I would like a rule that specifically gives the steward the discretion to make a "no call" in 13/13s at the track. It seems they are forced to make a call one way or the other and always do. In other cases, the original "adjudication" takes months (if it's that difficult to assign fault, then a decision may not be necessary). In addition, that two drivers with insignificant rubs can go to the steward together, if they agree, and request a "no call."
+1

I will go out on a limb here and say that almost all of us 944 racers that know each other here in the SE would walk up to the steward and say "that's racing....can we go now?"
IMHO, Single car incidents and minor rubbing should be dismissed if both drivers agree.
Old 04-27-2008 | 08:10 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

In addition, that two drivers with insignificant rubs can go to the steward together, if they agree, and request a "no call."
The issue with this will be one driver may get intimidated by the other to say "no call" when in fact they are not happy.
Old 04-27-2008 | 08:33 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 84-944
+1

I will go out on a limb here and say that almost all of us 944 racers that know each other here in the SE would walk up to the steward and say "that's racing....can we go now?"
IMHO, Single car incidents and minor rubbing should be dismissed if both drivers agree.
Yes! If people allow themselves to be intimidated into doing so, maybe they need to find another activity?
Old 04-27-2008 | 08:36 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

+1

Originally Posted by 38D
The issue with this will be one driver may get intimidated by the other to say "no call" when in fact they are not happy.

Or you can have very minor damage that no one cares about, but both drivers get a 13, and have everyone not happy.
Old 04-27-2008 | 08:56 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Or you can have very minor damage that no one cares about, but both drivers get a 13, and have everyone not happy.
Also true.
Old 04-27-2008 | 09:45 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bull
Originally Posted by 38D
Yes! If people allow themselves to be intimidated into doing so, maybe they need to find another activity?
No, I think the danger is that you don't want to go along, and ask the steward to make a call, and he hits you with the 13 even though the other guy is at fault.
Old 04-29-2008 | 09:31 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dan in Florida
Petu,

I have a feeling the powers that be could find a way to include you. We need you aboard. PCA has races coming up at VIR, Daytona and Roebling. Followed by the 48 Hr at Sebring next February.

Dan
I would never start with Daytona, never driven there (except for few parades)...
Sebring is another thing and PBOC has ton of stuff down here so that would be a good place to start.

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
40! is that human years or the amount of times you have been hit in the head by a hockey Puck ....
Unfortunately it's human years... If you count the "mileage" (hockey pucks, dirt bike chrashes etc.) I'm much more than that... I need a body off restoration...

Originally Posted by 38D

How underweight? If it was 150 lbs or more underwight, I could buy the 2:24.9
"Silly things" makes perfect sense since they want to include everything & most of that is simple, washer bottles & whatnots. But as already said, wiring harness, seam welding, aluminum doors (easy to do but very pricey!) are tough...

Weight was quite a lot underweight, I think between 2850-2900 lbs + me (180 lbs) so around 3030 lbs which is just about 150 lbs underweight.
Although there's things that should make my car little but faster: euro tranny, LWFW, LSD, Motons (I guess I should also replace the original bushing, maybe change toe links etc.).

Last edited by Flying Finn; 04-29-2008 at 12:10 PM.
Old 05-02-2008 | 12:01 PM
Glen
Race Car

Originally Posted by 38D
Contact Donna - she had a complete list of the mods that made up the RSCS. Off the top of my head the key things we'd check for are: seem welding per the factory method, thin glass, no sunroof, 3.8L, small washer bottle, correct brakes, no radio...I am sure there are other ones too, but those are the things I can remember. Since suspension is free, you obviously don't need to have a RSCS original suspension.

The RSCS was never a seam welded car, no need to do that. Radio was an option, glass change is not mandatory as the RSCS's out there rarely have thin glass in them after one gets broken, usually replaced with the far cheaper normal glass. My understanding is You can use a normal hood/doors under current rules, aluminum is not mandated any longer...

Quick Reply: PCA Club Race Rule Change proposals for next year is open!