Cool Shirt Install Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 11:19 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
I'll be selling my (used once) Cool-shirt (non-hooded) shirt for 50% of new plus shipping. I bought the hooded version and wont be using it.

that's gross
Old 04-19-2008, 08:43 PM
s997gt3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've been thinking of the next track goodie to get and this is on my list..so here goes....cool shirt vs fast brand,ok someone said to get the hooded shirt,sounds cool i'll have to also get this one.also they offer two sizes of coolers 24 qt or 12 qt what is everyone buying? they also sell a temperature control buy it or not? is the hose that comes with the kit is it long enough it says its 8', if i was to put the cooler under the bonnet would their be any issues? and lastly to buy the cooler mounting tray for 70 bucks.i'm guessing you first have to bolt down the tray to the floor than strap the cooler in.thanks for the help.........
Old 04-19-2008, 10:16 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Either brand will work. I don't have experience with a hooded shirt, but the regular shirt does wonders on a hot day or even a mildly hot day with a fire suit on. I have the 12 qt cooler. I have to fill it 2-3 times a day with ice when hot and used for a 1/2 hour sessions. Since i want it COLD all the time, I don't have a controller. I don't think 8' of hose will reach from the trunk to the seat, but you can get a tape or piece of string and try it out. Yes, the tray bolts doen and then you stap the cooler in place. I bought a $5 battery tray that does just fine.

Originally Posted by s997gt3
i've been thinking of the next track goodie to get and this is on my list..so here goes....cool shirt vs fast brand,ok someone said to get the hooded shirt,sounds cool i'll have to also get this one.also they offer two sizes of coolers 24 qt or 12 qt what is everyone buying? they also sell a temperature control buy it or not? is the hose that comes with the kit is it long enough it says its 8', if i was to put the cooler under the bonnet would their be any issues? and lastly to buy the cooler mounting tray for 70 bucks.i'm guessing you first have to bolt down the tray to the floor than strap the cooler in.thanks for the help.........
Old 04-19-2008, 10:31 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by 1957 356
that's gross
I wore a shirt under it ya PUTZ!!!
Old 04-19-2008, 10:37 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
I wore a shirt under it ya PUTZ!!!
I might be racing one of these years, what is the special deal?.......
Old 04-19-2008, 10:45 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
I might be racing one of these years, what is the special deal?.......
1/2 of what I paid for it... there may be a chili stain or two (at least that's what I insist all brown stains are)..
Go read the "NASA/PDA" post..
Old 04-19-2008, 10:48 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife bought me the complete kit for my birthday. I think if you ever plan to have the helmet air the kit is the only way to go. You get that $70 mounting tray and don't have to think about it's individual cost.

I'll post pix tomorrow of my footwell so you can see my delimma. I have a block of lead in the footwell and another piece under the passenger seat.

I have an air intake system that pipes outside air through the clock port in the dash. I'm thinking about T-ing that off for helmet air. Not sure how to pipe to footwell yet.

Back seat mount is not an option. No way to access it.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:52 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by s997gt3
Originally Posted by A930Rocket
Either brand will work. I don't have experience with a hooded shirt, but the regular shirt does wonders on a hot day or even a mildly hot day with a fire suit on. I have the 12 qt cooler. I have to fill it 2-3 times a day with ice when hot and used for a 1/2 hour sessions. Since i want it COLD all the time, I don't have a controller. I don't think 8' of hose will reach from the trunk to the seat, but you can get a tape or piece of string and try it out. Yes, the tray bolts doen and then you stap the cooler in place. I bought a $5 battery tray that does just fine.
I have the Cool Shirt system. The supplied hose will definitely reach from the trunk to the seat with plenty of line to spare.

Quick Reply: Cool Shirt Install Help