Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NASA/PDA DE at Limerock on 4/19 - Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 11:07 AM
doc2s
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
So..........

Anyone want to elaborate??.......

Gary, Osama?............
paolo,

it was an ok event. i ran the first two sessions with the open track group and then traded run groups with my brother (sharing the miata). i only ran one session in their intermediate group. although they were courteous it wasn't worth doing the last session.

the problem with pda/nasa is that you get to choose your run group while registering online. you end up with a lot of people who sign up for run groups they should not be in.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:27 PM
rodneyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 159 Likes on 110 Posts

Overall I thought the event went well. I did not have to wake up a 5:00am to arrive at the track. Tech inspection was from 10am until almost 12noon. The first cars (red group) on the track were at 1pm. The weather was perfect! Open Track without point by's. At the end of the day this was similar to most DE instructor groups in terms of the passing opportunities. Four sessions (20 minute - a little longer would have been better) packed within a 1/2 day so very effecient use of time. They released the cars as soon as possible while a few cars were coming off the track.

Yes, there were a few slow cars in the Red group that should have been in a different group, but this happens in all DE events. My first session & 1st DE of the year was very slow to make sure the car was good and to bring myself up to speed. The second session was much better and turned a few 1:02's which OK for the beginning of the season. However, I never did have any better laps in the 3-4 sessions because of traffic...

My new RS Wing with 8 degree shimms really made the car feel more planted going up the up hill and giving my more confidence to apply the power sooner after the down hill going in to the apex. I am guessing the motor mounts aided in the planted feel of the car.

Quick Reply: NASA/PDA DE at Limerock on 4/19 - Anyone?