Sponsored by:

Sebring In Car from 12Hour weekend

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 05:51 PM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts
Default Sebring In Car from 12Hour weekend

I thought I would post up the link for my in car footage from the World Challenge race at Sebring since I know several of you will be at the Chin Motorsports event at Sebring this weekend.

Sebring Touring Car Race In-Car

Press Release:

If you’re curious what the auto racing equivalent of an ‘uphill battle’ happens to be, just ask BimmerWorld Racing driver Seth Thomas.

Thomas, forced to start from the back of the brutally tough SPEED World Challenge Touring Car field at the season opening round in Sebring, Florida, has just 45 minutes to work his way to the front of the field. Seth has no choice but to start attacking immediately; his car control on cold tires on the opening lap is a sight to be seen. Thomas clearly isn’t intimidated by oversteer…

As hard as he tries, not everybody Thomas sets his sights on wants to give up their hard earned track position. How far does he get? How many cars does he pass?
Old 04-07-2008, 06:43 PM
GT3CAR
Needs to Get a Life
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Seth, I watched that race twice. I have not watched your vid yet. You were a man on a mission, that is for sure. Any comments on the turn 1 incident? I watched it several times on slow motion. I could not tell if he went wide on purpose to hold you out or if he just went wide because of the cars momentum.

off to watch the video
Old 04-07-2008, 06:46 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Did Galati touch you or did you lose it trying to defend?
Old 04-07-2008, 08:05 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Sethm thanks for posting the video! I will be at Sebring this weekend with Chin. That is a great video with some awesome passing...I was cringing on a few of those! Thanks again, Mike
Old 04-07-2008, 08:20 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seth, thanks , i wondered who had hit the acura , i was stunned seeing the car after the race on how bad his front wheel/front end was. Amazing he was able to finish the race.

Speed Touring seems weaker than normal this year are you guys expecting smaller fields or was Sebring an anomaly ...
Old 04-08-2008, 02:08 AM
95m3racer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! How do you like the sequential over the WTCC straight cut trans?
Old 04-08-2008, 03:16 AM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 296 Posts

I will say that the speed touring class racing was really really good. It was a clear second in my opinion to the twelve hour race. I was with Seacay taking pictures in the 12-13-14-15 complex area behind the catch fence and I remembering commenting on how awesome and close the racing was. Impressive to say the least.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:18 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,416 Likes on 757 Posts

Sweetness!!!!
Old 04-08-2008, 11:35 AM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT3CAR
Seth, I watched that race twice. I have not watched your vid yet. You were a man on a mission, that is for sure. Any comments on the turn 1 incident? I watched it several times on slow motion. I could not tell if he went wide on purpose to hold you out or if he just went wide because of the cars momentum.

off to watch the video
I don't know if Chip (announcer said Galati but it was Chip Herr) actually was trying to go wide to hold me there or what. All I do know is that right about the time my rear wheels came in contact with the curb I got a slight nudge from the rear that sent the car sideways. I did my best to control it but when you have a 2800lb car pushing against you it is a little hard to catch the slide. The announcers did say I was moving over to try and defend my position but that was not the case. My steering wheel never made a turn in that direction since it is hard to when you are turning into a slide. ;-)
Old 04-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mdrums
Sethm thanks for posting the video! I will be at Sebring this weekend with Chin. That is a great video with some awesome passing...I was cringing on a few of those! Thanks again, Mike
Hey Mike look me up at Sebring. I will be down there coaching Joshua Barnes (driving a Supra) and Christian Engle (Boxster S).
Old 04-08-2008, 11:49 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Seth Thomas
Hey Mike look me up at Sebring. I will be down there coaching Joshua Barnes (driving a Supra) and Christian Engle (Boxster S).
I will do Seth! If you see me please stop me and say hi. Like I tell everyone I am easy to spot, 6'5" tall with a silver left prosthetic leg.

see ya, Mike
Old 04-08-2008, 12:29 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

Nice Job Seth! cool video. Got to love the sequential shifting now!

mk
Old 04-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Kurt R
Hates Family Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Speed Touring seems weaker than normal this year are you guys expecting smaller fields or was Sebring an anomaly ...
The three Audis are gone, no Dodge entries so far this year and it looks like Realtime doesn't have a full time renter for their 5th car. That's 5-6 fewer cars than last year. I'm not sure if the Lexi will be back either. We're only running 3 races this year, Miller, Mid Ohio and Road America. Hopefully we'll be a little faster this year.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:18 PM
GT3CAR
Needs to Get a Life
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Seth Thomas
I don't know if Chip (announcer said Galati but it was Chip Herr) actually was trying to go wide to hold me there or what. All I do know is that right about the time my rear wheels came in contact with the curb I got a slight nudge from the rear that sent the car sideways. I did my best to control it but when you have a 2800lb car pushing against you it is a little hard to catch the slide. The announcers did say I was moving over to try and defend my position but that was not the case. My steering wheel never made a turn in that direction since it is hard to when you are turning into a slide. ;-)
Yeah, the one announcer was way off. I got a feeling the other announcer knew it but he could not say anything. It was obvious to me that you were not trying to defend on that one. Hope to see you this weekend at the CHIN event.

Lindsey
Old 04-08-2008, 11:07 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
I will do Seth! If you see me please stop me and say hi. Like I tell everyone I am easy to spot, 6'5" tall with a silver left prosthetic leg.

see ya, Mike
I will also be at Chin this weekend would like to met ya also!!!! Cant wait to hear what Christian learns, he better share!!

Quick Reply: Sebring In Car from 12Hour weekend