Alonso's whining has now begun

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 07:55 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

You guys are getting it all wrong...

Alonso is not whinning or complaining he's simply starting his negotiations for his future ride...he's setting up his departure from Renault (at the end of this year).
Old 03-25-2008, 08:34 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,328 Likes on 1,968 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Finns don't complain , i guess you never met Petu nor Keke ROsberg
I've never met Petu. Someday, someday.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:55 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You guys had better watch out, for Alonso might well move on and be back. There's not much he could do to "develop" a car while everything was being packed and moved around the other side of the world. Nor do I think it could be done within this year anyway. But, if he were to move to Ferarri, as suggested, well; first of all the iceman wouldn't even care, he'd just continue business as usual, and either win or dnf, while Alonso just might get along with the Italians and regain form. Frankly, I'd like to see it.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:34 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gums
You guys had better watch out, for Alonso might well move on and be back. There's not much he could do to "develop" a car while everything was being packed and moved around the other side of the world. Nor do I think it could be done within this year anyway. But, if he were to move to Ferarri, as suggested, well; first of all the iceman wouldn't even care, he'd just continue business as usual, and either win or dnf, while Alonso just might get along with the Italians and regain form. Frankly, I'd like to see it.
There's no way Alonso would move to Ferarri while Kimi is there. Now that's a driver that would at the minimum, run with him and be his equal. After his stint at Mac, Alosno would want a clear wingman. But it would be fun to see the two together. That would definately be just like Top Gun, with the Iceman and Maverick! But unlike the movie, the Iceman would come out ahead.

I've met Petu and he isn't a whinner. Well maybe a little....... (j/k of course!)
Old 03-26-2008, 09:35 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Alonso is still the best driver in F1, Heiki is a clown, a no 2 clown, Alonso is a 2 times WDC. comparing heiki to Alonso, what a joke, what's next Kubica to senna Alonso's input is making a big difference at Renault look at Jr , who is as good as heiki or better , the renault is bad , it will take a lot to change that ........ and comparing last years car , with this one is rediculous...

He is going to put it on Kimi with his abeng
So Hmmm LH is 2008 wdc and Alonso to ferrari as planned .........
You never fail to crack me up with your fantasies!
Alonso's input is making a difference at Renault?
(have you seen the results & pace and compared to last seasos? Why is it ridiculous to compare?)
Jr. better than Heikki?

Originally Posted by JimB
You guys have made whining about whining an art form...
That's too damn funny! Almost as funny as Wayne's "expert analysis"...

Finns don't complain , i guess you never met Petu nor Keke ROsberg...
WTF?

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
You guys are getting it all wrong...

Alonso is not whinning or complaining he's simply starting his negotiations for his future ride...he's setting up his departure from Renault (at the end of this year).
True and it's much more Spanish media who is trying to help Alonso for next year and comes up with all this stories & questions Massa etc. (not that there's no need to question).
He does whine awfully lot though...
Old 03-26-2008, 10:15 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
You never fail to crack me up with your fantasies!
Alonso's input is making a difference at Renault?
(have you seen the results & pace and compared to last seasos? Why is it ridiculous to compare?)
Jr. better than Heikki?

That's too damn funny! Almost as funny as Wayne's "expert analysis"...

WTF?

True and it's much more Spanish media who is trying to help Alonso for next year and comes up with all this stories & questions Massa etc. (not that there's no need to question).

Since you are too jaundice to see, Here:

Piquet's racing career started in 1993 in Brazilian karting, where he would stay until 2001 when he moved to Formula Three Sudamericana. His father's wealth enabled him to race for his own team, a practice he continued until he left GP2 Series. He raced in part of the 2001 season there, staying for 2002 and becoming the champion with four races to go. In 2002 he also raced one race of Brazilian Formula Renault.

In 2003, Piquet moved to the UK where he joined the British Formula 3 Championship and formed the Piquet Sports team. He went on to win 3rd place with six wins, five podiums and eight pole positions.

In 2004, Piquet won the British Formula 3 Championship. He became the youngest driver to have ever won the championship at 19 years and 2 months. He also went to test for BMW Williams now Williams F1.

In 2005, Piquet took part in the A1 Grand Prix for A1 Team Brazil. In the first event in the series, he took first place in both Sprint and Main race events, as well as scoring a point for the fastest lap. He also became a driver for HiTech/Piquet Sports in the GP2 Series. He was also testing for BAR-Honda.

In 2006, Piquet gained second place in the championship to British driver Lewis Hamilton in his second year of GP2.

Heiki

Formula Renault

Kovalainen began his car racing career in the British Formula Renault championship, which fellow Finn Kimi Räikkönen had won the previous year before moving straight into Formula 1 with Sauber. Kovalainen's apprenticeship in the junior categories of motor sport was more conventional, but was remarkable in that he used Renault power at every step along the way.[2]

He finished fourth in the championship with two wins, two pole positions and three fastest laps, and earned the Rookie of the Year award.

Formula 3

Kovalainen attracted the support of the Renault Driver Development programme and in 2002 moved up to the British F3 series with Fortec Motorsport who used Renault engines. He became one of the most competitive drivers on the grid by the second half of the season and all five of his wins came in the final nine races. With three pole positions, three fastest laps and third overall in the championship behind Robbie Kerr and James Courtney[2] he was again Rookie of the Year.

He also demonstrated strong form in the international F3 rounds, with second place at the Macau Grand Prix and fourth place at the Zandvoort Marlboro Masters.

World Series by Nissan

Kovalainen moved into the Renault-owned World Series by Nissan in 2003 - but faced a tough team mate at the Gabord team in Franck Montagny. Montagny had already spent two seasons in the World Series by Nissan and won the title in 2001.[2] Montagny won the title with nine wins to Kovalainen's one.

The Finn stayed in World Series by Nissan for 2004 but moved to the Pons team and won the championship ahead of Tiago Monteiro, with 192 points and six wins.

GP2 Series

In 2005, Kovalainen entered the GP2 Series, the new 'feeder' series for F1 and the successor to Formula 3000. Kovalainen won the first ever round of the new championship and led the championship with the Arden International team.[2] But in the final four rounds a resurgent Nico Rosberg took over the lead of the championship and Kovalainen finished second, 15 points adrift.

There is the results of both before F1 , show me where Jr is no good in comparison to Heiki .and Heiki Nissan championship is no British f3 championship......

Also this year car has no electronics making a difficult chassis much harder to drive and heiki's performance last year was a DISASTER at the same stage with electronic aides , so back off and extend the same juandice eye to piquet as you have given to the other average driver Heiki .

In regars to Alonso and Renault , take it up wit h them as their comments are Alonso is doing a fantastic job with helping their lost cause . Now your focus should be towards Hamilton /Kimi as you have some stake here and we will see if Kimi can repeat or become the first WDC since Villenueve not to repeat as WDC while driving for the same car /team .......
Old 03-26-2008, 10:48 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Wayne,

I'm watching F1, not the past although even then I can't see how you AT THE MOMENT can call Jr. better than Heikki.
Jr. has been bad. Call Flavor Flav and get his opinion if you think I'm the only one who is thinking Heikki did better in the beginning of the last year than what Jr. is doing.
Besides, Jr. because of his name & dad has had the golden spoon in his mouth since the get go, looking into the history is a moot point when comparing two drivers currently driving in F1.
There are plently of drivers who were superstarts in lower series and then never made it in higher ranks so instead of looking at the past, look what's happening.

Heikki had tought time in the beginning of last year but at this point had already a point. By the time the season ended, he had stellar races and was constantly finishing within top 8 or better.
Now your superhero Alonso is struggling to make it in top 8 even though last year you said Alonso can make a car much better and that he was the main reason why McLaren got great and on the other hand Renault sucked because of Heikki & Fisico and the fact that Alonso wasn't there developing a car.

If that's the case, why isn't Renault No. 1 and McLaren mid pack?
Old 03-26-2008, 11:26 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

:True and it's much more Spanish media who is trying to help Alonso for next year and comes up with all this stories & questions Massa etc. (not that there's no need to question).

Alonso whines? I hadn't noticed. I just recall him boasting how a 2x WDC brought 0.6 sec improvement at the beginning of last seasons testing with the MP4-22.....still waiting to see the same on the Renault, with the full support of his old team, all of whom are thrilled to have him back.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:35 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,328 Likes on 1,968 Posts

ALONSO FLIRTING WITH FERRARI WWW.F1RACING.NET
Old 03-26-2008, 12:03 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Somebody get some ice water and hose down Sir A. Wayne please.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:13 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Wayne,

I'm watching F1, not the past although even then I can't see how you AT THE MOMENT can call Jr. better than Heikki.
Jr. has been bad. Call Flavor Flav and get his opinion if you think I'm the only one who is thinking Heikki did better in the beginning of the last year than what Jr. is doing.
Besides, Jr. because of his name & dad has had the golden spoon in his mouth since the get go, looking into the history is a moot point when comparing two drivers currently driving in F1.
There are plently of drivers who were superstarts in lower series and then never made it in higher ranks so instead of looking at the past, look what's happening.

Heikki had tought time in the beginning of last year but at this point had already a point. By the time the season ended, he had stellar races and was constantly finishing within top 8 or better.
Now your superhero Alonso is struggling to make it in top 8 even though last year you said Alonso can make a car much better and that he was the main reason why McLaren got great and on the other hand Renault sucked because of Heikki & Fisico and the fact that Alonso wasn't there developing a car.

If that's the case, why isn't Renault No. 1 and McLaren mid pack?
Finn your logic stinks of finlandia ,
1. Last year at this stage heiki stinks ask flav, heiki race debut was nothing but a disaster , flav words ) My point last year this time Heiki was no better than Jr and he was in a easier car to drive than Jr.

2. You have to compare pre F1 as Jr is only in his 2 nd F1 race and pre F1 he was as, if not more successful than Heiki ....

3. Focus more on LH, i need you to be completly focus as i don't believe there will be any Early Christmas present for Kimi this year and when Hammy delivers , it will be more proof Kimi's was a gift., get my bottle ready Biaaaatchhhhh.......

4. Since you are comparing , Alonso won that race last year in a Mac, Heiki finished a lucky inherited 3rd, look how slow the mac is now with your baby putzzzz. a distant 3rd LOL .......not in the same league and no better than Jr.

Originally Posted by flight747
ALONSO FLIRTING WITH FERRARI WWW.F1RACING.NET

No news here , we have discussed this to death months ago......
Old 03-26-2008, 05:09 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Finn your logic stinks of finlandia ,
1. Last year at this stage heiki stinks ask flav, heiki race debut was nothing but a disaster , flav words ) My point last year this time Heiki was no better than Jr and he was in a easier car to drive than Jr...
Here's Flav's comments after Australia, I doubt they favor Jr. any more after Malaysia... (p.s. Heikki finished in points in his 2nd race in F1 last year and drove pretty well, Jr.? not so much).
Q: Once again your rookie had a difficult start to the season. Last year you publicly complained about Heikki Kovalainen’s performance, while this season you told Nelson Piquet Jr. that he should take his time. Do you have a soft spot for Nelson?
FB: Well, Australia is a very tough race for everybody, especially a rookie. It was probably because Heikki had done so well over the winter that I was disappointed with his performance and forgot that Australia was a hard place to start.

2. You have to compare pre F1 as Jr is only in his 2 nd F1 race and pre F1 he was as, if not more successful than Heiki...
Why can't we compare their starts in F1 since they are very much comparable?
And pre-F1 stuff is so comparable & debatable anyway that I see no point.

...3. Focus more on LH, i need you to be completly focus as i don't believe there will be any Early Christmas present for Kimi this year and when Hammy delivers , it will be more proof Kimi's was a gift., get my bottle ready Biaaaatchhhhh...
We were talking about Alonso, his car deveploment skill & how Renault has improved now when Alonso is developing it (result so far: it hasn't) and no matter how much you think I should, I don't focus on Hamilton.
Why should I? I focus on Kimi (& Heikki), that's enough.

...4. Since you are comparing , Alonso won that race last year in a Mac, Heiki finished a lucky inherited 3rd, look how slow the mac is now with your baby putzzzz. a distant 3rd LOL .......not in the same league and no better than Jr...
Heikki would've been 2nd in Aussie without SC problems, Alonso was 2nd in Aussie. In Malaysia Alonso won & Heikki was 3rd. I don't see any major slowing down or huge differences between "worlds greatest driver" and "worlds one of the worst" as you like to think. And just to remind you this is Heikki's 2nd year and Alonso's 7th in F1.
And we do remember that Alonso got beaten by his rookie team mate, right? Heikki beat his team mate last year (although I admit, it was Fisico but it was Heikki's rookie year so you have to give credit for that) and is already putting decent fight against his clear No. 1 status team mate this year.
As a matter of fact... When you look back Alonso's career, he has had only twice a good driver as his team mate, Jarno Trulli & Lewis Hamilton.
He was beaten by both...
After Trulli beat him, he has managed to demand 2nd class team mate every year except at McLaren and we know how well that went down...
Why do you think when Alonso came back to Renault, he demanded Heikki to leave Renault and Jr. to replace him?
I'm glad he has 2nd class team mate again now so that he can "shine".
Old 03-26-2008, 05:18 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Here's Flav's comments after Australia, I doubt they favor Jr. any more after Malaysia... (p.s. Heikki finished in points in his 2nd race in F1 last year and drove pretty well, Jr.? not so much).
Q: Once again your rookie had a difficult start to the season. Last year you publicly complained about Heikki Kovalainen’s performance, while this season you told Nelson Piquet Jr. that he should take his time. Do you have a soft spot for Nelson?
FB: Well, Australia is a very tough race for everybody, especially a rookie. It was probably because Heikki had done so well over the winter that I was disappointed with his performance and forgot that Australia was a hard place to start.

Why can't we compare their starts in F1 since they are very much comparable?
And pre-F1 stuff is so comparable & debatable anyway that I see no point.

We were talking about Alonso, his car deveploment skill & how Renault has improved now when Alonso is developing it (result so far: it hasn't) and no matter how much you think I should, I don't focus on Hamilton.
Why should I? I focus on Kimi (& Heikki), that's enough.

Heikki would've been 2nd in Aussie without SC problems, Alonso was 2nd in Aussie. In Malaysia Alonso won & Heikki was 3rd. I don't see any major slowing down or huge differences between "worlds greatest driver" and "worlds one of the worst" as you like to think. And just to remind you this is Heikki's 2nd year and Alonso's 7th in F1.
And we do remember that Alonso got beaten by his rookie team mate, right? Heikki beat his team mate last year (although I admit, it was Fisico but it was Heikki's rookie year so you have to give credit for that) and is already putting decent fight against his clear No. 1 status team mate this year.
As a matter of fact... When you look back Alonso's career, he has had only twice a good driver as his team mate, Jarno Trulli & Lewis Hamilton.
He was beaten by both...
After Trulli beat him, he has managed to demand 2nd class team mate every year except at McLaren and we know how well that went down...
Why do you think when Alonso came back to Renault, he demanded Heikki to leave Renault and Jr. to replace him?
I'm glad he has 2nd class team mate again now so that he can "shine".
Alonso had the same victories and points as his teammate last year , he was beaten by his teammate ? and he had to race ferrari and maclaren to get them ...

As far as heiki, i don't get you , again both heiki and Jr has had poor starts to their F1 careers , prior to f1 Jr had more success. last year Heiki was beaten by his teammate , who was no Alonso in Malaysia .
JR at THIS STAGE IS VERY COMPARABLE to Heiki, we will have to see how jr pans out at the end just as it took Heiki 10 races to get his footing and that was with an easier car to drive and a slouch for a teammate....
Old 03-26-2008, 05:25 PM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Don't you think we have to wait for the European leg to see what Alonso's setup skills will do with the Renault? I don't see them besting F or Mac but it would be a major acomplishment to run with BMW.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:45 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Alonso had nothing more in mind than a 1 yr plan with renault , Unless renault could some how find a way to win , then of course he would stay.
He is giving Renault 110% and as a winner it is expected that he would move to a more competitive team and not sit with renault , as did Villenueve with BAT or Barrichello now with Honda ..........

Quick Reply: Alonso's whining has now begun