Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCA Club Racing and head and neck restraints

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 04:39 PM
Steward B.
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not going to dignify this thread other than to correct another misstatement by Mr. Baker.

I did not state that "Club Racing management were aware of the performance of Isaac systems"

My objection to the misstatement is the word "performance". We are aware of the "existence" of a device referred to as the Isaac system. We do not make a qualitative decision as to whether that device "performs" but rather leave that to the certifying groups, SFI and FIA.

End of discussion.

Bruce Boeder
PCA club racing national chair
Old 03-25-2008, 06:36 PM
gbaker
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steward B.
I did not state that "Club Racing management were aware of the performance of Isaac systems"

My objection to the misstatement is the word "performance". We are aware of the "existence" of a device referred to as the Isaac system. We do not make a qualitative decision as to whether that device "performs" but rather leave that to the certifying groups, SFI and FIA.

End of discussion.

Bruce Boeder
PCA club racing national chair
The crash dummy makes the quantitative decision, Bruce, so no one is asking PCA to pass judgment on performance. Not necessary.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:35 AM
John Veninger
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Sad, but my Isaac is still for sale due to PCA making this rule change. I commented during the "comment period" to have it worded to commercially available H&N restraint devices. Yes, any one could sell a bunch of strings and call it a H&N restraint, but racers are smarter than that. We want to stay alive if something bad happens out on the track.

I disagree with how the rule is worded since it eliminates the use of my Isaac device, which I feel was the best H&N restraint for me.

Quick Reply: PCA Club Racing and head and neck restraints