Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Instructor/Student Bluetooth communicator

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 12:08 AM
speedread
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Actually if $ were no object Epoq bluetooth hearing aids are true HD stereo and connect to Ipod, cell phone,etc. and would work great. Anyone out there have shot hearing and want to experiment?
Old 03-11-2008, 02:48 AM
flatsics
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by BluemaxxRacing
Flatsics - great idea but how will you manage to pick up your call while driving/racing? Just wondering because I would love somethign easier than what I have (you don't want to know )
It states on the website that you can make and answer calls by voice command. The reviews that I have read on some of the various sites that sell the Q2, have been very positive. In the past I have used Motorola talk about radios, and they worked really well. I really only use the radios during Enduros, for flag info,pit timing,ect. I like to keep it simple, and radios are just one more thing to mess with.
If this works for racing that will be great, if not I will have it for my bike.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:05 AM
97C2s911
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I purchased and used the Blue ant while instructing . A couple issues if you have more than one student you have to keep switching it from helmets which sometimes you don't have time for. My students liked the reception of the hard wired headset better . It worked ok but ended up more of a hassle .
Old 03-11-2008, 03:05 AM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RickBetterley
In the original thread, we were pondering the need for wireless communication, given how often I get tangled up in my headset's wiring! Both Chatter and Nady are wired.
I appreciate the tip, though.
Rick - Do you have the extension chord for the student's headset? I have found that with a longer chord, I actually get tangled up less with the student's headset.

Just a thought.

RE: Bluetooth headset -- don't need it (given I have a perfectly good Chatterbox), but it is one of those things that I can see getting, "just because."

-Z-man.

Quick Reply: Instructor/Student Bluetooth communicator