Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NASA Road Atlanta March 15,16

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 11:35 AM
944Cup
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Congrats to Crazy Canuck Racing, comrpised of Roderigo Herrera and John Bilikas who entered the 3 hour Enduro Friday. Not only did they win their class, but they also finished first overall. That's right the Canucks prevailed in their little 2.5L Porsche to beat 32 other racers chasing them in Mustangs, Trans Ams, Cobras, Acuras, Rx-8, etc. And this is the first time the 944 boys ever saw the track. Congrats guys.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:34 PM
Mike K.
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 944Cup
Congrats to Crazy Canuck Racing, comrpised of Roderigo Herrera and John Bilikas who entered the 3 hour Enduro Friday. Not only did they win their class, but they also finished first overall. That's right the Canucks prevailed in their little 2.5L Porsche to beat 32 other racers chasing them in Mustangs, Trans Ams, Cobras, Acuras, Rx-8, etc. And this is the first time the 944 boys ever saw the track. Congrats guys.
Pretty amazing performance, Eh! I was the their fuel man ( along with the other Cdn car) and had no idea that they were leading. I was sure the Mustangs on Race rains were lapping them. Guess they had to make more stops for fuel. To be fair, John & Rodrigo have raced at RA once before. Watch out for them next weekend at VIR.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:47 PM
Tim Pruitt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Way to go Canucks.

You guys failed to mention that John kissed the concrete wall on the front straight Saturday and the guys thrashed on the car Saturday night and into Sunday AM. John qualified second in 944Cup and finished 2nd, Rodrigo was DQ'd with me at the back of the 16 car field for the race on Sunday and he worked his way back up to 4th with me in 5th.

They then loaded up the cars and drove to VIR.

Can you say IRONMEN. That's what club racing is all about.

We enjoy their company and good competition they bring to the 944Cup races.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:36 PM
mazdaratirob
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RB, I finished making the DVD of your Sunday practice and race and will be sending it to you tomorrow. I hope you enjoy it. I did not realize anyone's hands could move that fast. Great racing and it was a blast having you and your family join us for the weekend. Z... was a hoot with loads of energy, you will have your hands full once he gets a little older. Thanks for the nice comments.

For those of you interested in a preview of the storm that is coming to the PCA racing scene (just as soon as his car is finished) let me know. There will only be a small charge for shipping and handling.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:37 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mazdaratirob
RB, I finished making the DVD of your Sunday practice and race and will be sending it to you tomorrow. I hope you enjoy it. I did not realize anyone's hands could move that fast. Great racing and it was a blast having you and your family join us for the weekend. Z... was a hoot with loads of energy, you will have your hands full once he gets a little older. Thanks for the nice comments.

For those of you interested in a preview of the storm that is coming to the PCA racing scene (just as soon as his car is finished) let me know. There will only be a small charge for shipping and handling.
Thanks Rob! I can't wait to see it again...looked like I was doing some racing karate! I'm going to do a post of my first experience racing, so thanks so much for the pics. You guys are a class act!

BTW, congrats to Andrew and his Dad Alfredo for 2nd in the Enduro in their class and third overall with Roar Racing. Also, big congrats to Adam Whitener for 1st overall, 1st in class on Sat and 2nd in class on Sunday!

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 03-23-2008, 06:46 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KRA993tt
Hey Roger, good working with you on Friday. What a hectic day. After sitting out the race in the rain on Saturday, the race on Sunday more than made up for it. What a blast. Hope to see you at Roebling in May.
Thanks Keith...just had a blast! See you at RRR!

Quick Reply: NASA Road Atlanta March 15,16