Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LSR & HCR PCA Club Race & DE March 14, 15, & 16 -- Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 10:30 AM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was trying to find a friends Cup Car, white with checkered graphics, not sure what number.
Bret,
That's a very nice cup car. I talked to Jim about it for awhile Sat. night. Figures I would sell mine right when he's getting back into racing

Is there a link for that photo cafe place that was taking pictures this weekend?
Old 03-18-2008, 10:37 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Not sure, as I haven't been back to TWS in a while. I've been doing Hallett, Memphis, and trying to get to Barber. jwl and I have both been so busy with real jobs that we haven't been able to get back on the track car to get it finished.

I emailed Jim C to see if he had any pics of it; I was supposed to go out to his hanger before he left on Thursday but yard work and my son's baseball practice took first dibs.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:59 AM
Waco Kid
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a great race weekend! The weather was perfect and the field for E/D cars was quite large with alot of fast drivers.
I'd like to thank Hill Country, Lone Star, PCA, and all the volunteers for putting on a great weekend. Jim, Richard, and Chris: thanks for all the hard work in organizing the event because without you guys and all the volunteers, there would be no race.

I had a fun race weekend. The racing was clean but tough with lots of back/forth passing. I was basically in the midde of the buckley guys all weekend. I guess there were 5 or 6 of us with similar lap times so the racing was great.
Hey Jeff, post some video!

Brad
Old 03-18-2008, 11:15 AM
Adrienne
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
So how was the weekend, ladies???
Well, thanks for asking kind sir! ????

It was GREAT!! Having been my first weekend on R-comps, I didn't realize they are actually black tar heroine.

Lesson learned: I'm shaving the next set. They royally sucked the first day...what a waste of time! They were way too squirmy and the car didn't want to take a set. Plus I was scared to death of them, having read and heard so much about how they don't give warning before letting loose. But after I finally broke them in, they were absolutely amazing! I took 7 seconds off my time easily. Gheez!!
Old 03-18-2008, 12:06 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This one is for Toby...

I don't know what kind of fish stories you told to my 13 yr old, but he was impressed enough with you for taking the X off the back of your car that he used up most of my video tape recording your runs... So here's a video from your latest (first?) fan... Turns 8 - 10. Yeah, he filmed his old man too... about 10 seconds worth!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1pgChGdQf8
Old 03-18-2008, 01:50 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrienne
Well, thanks for asking kind sir! ????

It was GREAT!! Having been my first weekend on R-comps, I didn't realize they are actually black tar heroine.

Lesson learned: I'm shaving the next set. They royally sucked the first day...what a waste of time! They were way too squirmy and the car didn't want to take a set. Plus I was scared to death of them, having read and heard so much about how they don't give warning before letting loose. But after I finally broke them in, they were absolutely amazing! I took 7 seconds off my time easily. Gheez!!
Toldya...
Old 03-18-2008, 02:55 PM
amondc
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had a great weekend in the Cup group, with the exception of one driver who was not a problem on sunday thank goodness. TWS is always a blast and Wally made some good ghetto food for us. See you guys next time

Chris
Old 03-18-2008, 03:06 PM
bsr_257
Rennlist Member

Well, one of your 6Cup brethren in Race #2 on Sunday spun in 3 on the start and was parked. The old Hampster RSA (Corey H) was nearly clobbered again. We got pinned and the rest of traffic managed to get by on the inside.

Steve, it was my pleasure to help. It really was a hoot watching you guys run. Holler if you need anything else.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:51 PM
TR6
Drifting

Originally Posted by Ski
I emailed Jim C to see if he had any pics of it; ...
I've got tons of photos from the race groups (mostly Blue Race group, but at least one or two sessions of red also). If you can find out the number, I'll bet I have shots of it.

Any of the rest of you guys (especially in blue), if you let me know your car number and model, I'll check to see what I have and send them to you.

edit: Is this the one you are looking for? I have high res versions of these two pics too.
Attached Images   

Last edited by TR6; 03-18-2008 at 05:11 PM.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:49 PM
Waco Kid
Advanced

Hey Greg, this is Brad. Were you able to get any pics of my car? -#56 Grey 911, racing in Blue-.

Thanks,
Brad
Old 03-18-2008, 05:52 PM
amondc
Burning Brakes

Greg,

If you have any shots of 113, 311 or 825(green Cup) let me know.

thanks
chris
Old 03-18-2008, 05:52 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yes, that's Jim C's car. Notice the red mirrors and think to Larry Hermans RSA. The FLYER windshield banner is a dead give away too. Thanks!
You can send the high resolution to below if you have time! Those graphics are painted on, not stickers.

marine@mar.rig.deepwater.com
Old 03-18-2008, 07:53 PM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

825(green Cup) let me know.
I have a bunch from lots of tracks...........
Old 03-18-2008, 08:24 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Here is some video I shot showing some of T9 and then later T10. Zoom + small camera made for a shaky picture until I steadied the camera on a fence post.

http://www.vimeo.com/799542
Old 03-18-2008, 11:05 PM
Coco_951
Instructor

Gentlemen,
I wanted to thank all of you (especially Noby, Jay, Watkins, Coomes, Kemp – even though you almost took me out) for making my first CR an absolute blast. Everyone was very willing to help out and I apologize to all in the Red group that I terrorized for the weekend. Number 1 lesson I learned is that there are a lot more lessons to learn!!!
Corey Harbold

Quick Reply: LSR & HCR PCA Club Race & DE March 14, 15, & 16 -- Roll Call