Sponsored by:

LSR & HCR PCA Club Race & DE March 14, 15, & 16 -- Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 02:15 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Temps in the 80's, and I missed out on the garage raffle so I get to try out the new tent.

It's killing me that I can't take advantage of the Friday DE sessions - especially given the combined run groups and extra track time. Hope it's a great day for you guys.

Originally Posted by deep_uv
We'll save you a spot, Russell...... Closest to the ant mound.
TWO spots, Steve. Between my two teenagers, the truck, tent and P-car, we need a bona fide base camp... in fact, better put us closest to the trashcan instead
Old 03-14-2008, 02:29 AM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ervtx
TWO spots, Steve. Between my two teenagers, the truck, tent and P-car, we need a bona fide base camp... in fact, better put us closest to the trashcan instead
Dude, there's not even one spot. Even the ants had to move. There's big rigs and motor toters everywhere. I lucked into a garage. The placed was packed within a few hours. Be prepared to improvise. Our normal DE grid area is covered with trailers and campers. We will grid up on pit row, I think. Look me up in the middle garage, we'll squeeze you in somewhere.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:21 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deep_uv
Dude, there's not even one spot. Even the ants had to move.
LOL!
Old 03-17-2008, 06:22 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

So how was the weekend, ladies???
Old 03-17-2008, 06:52 PM
weneversleep
Racer

Yeah, I'm surprised that no one else chimed in with a report yet. We're usually all over posting right when we all get home...

My weekend was great. 5 DE sessions on Friday, then the normal 4 each day on Saturday & Sunday. Tons of track time. I went home at lunch on Sunday.

Beautiful weather. Couldn't have been better.

My driving sessions were good. My car is really dialed in. The driver is getting there. No more braking issues, and the R888s are incredible. It's amazing how much earlier I can get on the gas in places like the Carousel, and the car just sticks and turns. Definitely one of my better DE weekends, driving-wise.

And, finally, watching the starts of the club races literally gave me chills. I want to go racing _so badly_. I know, I know, I just have to do it...
Old 03-17-2008, 07:22 PM
trackjunky
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
My car's not done.......so it sucked!

Incidentally, two of my former cars were there, racing. What's wrong with this picture? Oh, I also got the oportunity to help one of the owners dial his car in.

Hot sun, grease, sweat and I didn't get to race. Yeah, it sucked!
Old 03-17-2008, 08:16 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Sucked big time. Drive, drink, eat, drink, cigars,... repeat How freaking boring can it get.

Friday was an interesting exercise in mirror watching. Everyone ran in the same DE group, so there was a very wide range of speeds. You had to be on your toes for cars coming up from behind, and for ones that you were closing on. A bunch of us slow kids got some great lead-follow sessions in on Sat & Sun..

Club races were a hoot to watch. George Kopecky had it going on in the first sprint until he spun in eight. West kicked *** in his molotov cocktail (951), as did Craig Tiras in his Targa. Steve & Jay's big Boxster adventure was fun to watch as well.

I probably won't get around to video editing until next week. Heading to the ski slopes on Wed.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:21 PM
SWA911
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well boys, I made it! I'm a fully liscensed Club Racer. What a blast! Great seeing all of you LSR guys again and hanging out. Man I do love that track.

Here are a couple of pics my son took using Barry's high dollar camera rig.

Last edited by SWA911; 07-09-2008 at 12:09 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:18 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by SWA911
Well boys, I made it! I'm a fully liscensed Club Racer. What a blast! Great seeing all of you LSR guys again and hanging out. Man I do love that track.

It was good to meet you & hear about your racing experience Saturday night. There's nothing like hanging out at the Manor Ho.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:53 PM
bsr_257
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I turned better lap times when I was back in Yellow running on street tires. But being at the track with good friends beats anything else. Quite impressed w/ the 1:54 by Cory in yesterday's qualifying and the 1:57 by Steve in his SPB. Damn fast times.

Spent a lot of time avoiding spinners, lost a brand new set of 6Cup brake ducts, looks like I'll be switching to the el cheapo 7Cup ducts ($40 vs $250).

Many thanks to the fine folks of both Lone Star and Hill Country regions, volunteers, sponsors and the various workers for a great weekend.

Just signed up for Topeka, I'll bring a bigger knife to the gunfight. Let's see how long my severance pay lasts with $4/gal diesel, $1,200 Hoosiers and $7/gal race fuel...

-NT
Old 03-17-2008, 10:16 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Originally Posted by SWA911

Way to go Cupcake.

Seriously, I'm impressed. Hope to join you one day.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:01 AM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Well, we have a few sand baggers here...

During one session, mglobe and I ran some lead-follow, exchanging positions two or three times. But I had to slow down for him to catch up and take his turn, yet afterwards, he said "man, we were cookin'!".

Next time on the grid, he walks back to my car and says "I'm just gonna follow Greg and Steve; we're gonna take it easy" this time. But coming off the 3 stooges on the warm-up lap, I saw them already heading into T1!... and never caught up.

If those guys ever ask you to play poker, hold on to your wallet!

Of course we DE'ers were just the wannabe's this weekend... the club racing was great; a few cars dropped fluids here and there, causing some restarts and delayed sessions. It was very instructional to watch them take racing lines and make adjustments in traffic as a contrast to a more narrowly defined line in a DE.

Weather was good, but got very windy towards the end of Sunday.

Well run event. Kudos to LSR.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:58 AM
Steve Watkins
Instructor

Much thanks to Noby for his generous help this weekend, he was able to answer all of my Boxster neophyte questions and was a continual helping hand all weekend with me not being able to repay the favor as his run group was directly after mine. In addition he let me use his hardtop to fit the cage prior to my top arriving, above and beyond the call, thanks again. After initial shakedown the car was solid all weekend and with some additional alignment/corner balance work and lightweight flywheel added Kansas should be a fun weekend.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:15 AM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

All things considered, it turned into a pretty good weekend. Great hanging out with good friends even if the car was jacked until basically the last day. Nobody to blame but yours truly for that one

Like Steve said, thanks again Noby for all the help! We've got dinner & drinks in Topeka.

It's amazing how easy, quick & cheap "Barbie" was this weekend! We rode her hard & put her away wet, that's for sure
Old 03-18-2008, 08:01 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Anyone got any more pics? I was trying to find a friends Cup Car, white with checkered graphics, not sure what number.

Quick Reply: LSR & HCR PCA Club Race & DE March 14, 15, & 16 -- Roll Call