Sponsored by:

Source for Brake Duct Piping

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 12:21 AM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 296 Posts

Well tony is smarter than I am, and I didn't realize that some of the 911 rotors had open space. He is right, the 944 rotors are basically one piece of metal, no spaces.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:04 AM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, I have the KISS cooler. They answer is........Easy peasy! I dont use the stock brake ducts. I have a pair of much larger ducts with 3" round ourlets designed for 3" Si hose. Trouble is they came on the car, so I have no idea where you might find them. Can post some pics. Maybe someone here will recognize 'em. Good thing is that the fit neatly under the KISS cooler - no fouling at all.

All that said, the KISS is designed to be used with the stock ducts, so they should fit. One thing I did that the KISS install sheet does not mention was to flatten the chassis web to give me the centimeter more vertical clearance I needed. Maybe that's all you need too?
Old 03-05-2008, 01:22 AM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by APKhaos
Yep, I have the KISS cooler. They answer is........Easy peasy! I dont use the stock brake ducts. I have a pair of much larger ducts with 3" round ourlets designed for 3" Si hose. Trouble is they came on the car, so I have no idea where you might find them. Can post some pics. Maybe someone here will recognize 'em. Good thing is that the fit neatly under the KISS cooler - no fouling at all.

All that said, the KISS is designed to be used with the stock ducts, so they should fit. One thing I did that the KISS install sheet does not mention was to flatten the chassis web to give me the centimeter more vertical clearance I needed. Maybe that's all you need too?
I am going to look at it in the morning/afternoon. If I have any questions I will shoot you a PM. Would you be able to snap me some camera phone pictures in the PM at your house? Thanks bud. Looking forward to see you guys again!
Old 03-05-2008, 07:48 AM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I got the brake ducting from OGRacing.
I also have the backing plate. Makes for a nice setup.
Attached Images   
Old 03-05-2008, 04:37 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

Just ordered the duct piping from OG Racing. They sell it by the inch and have the lowest price of any vendor mentioned above. I had to call them since it's not showing on their website.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:40 PM
ZAPmobile
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Also try these people, nice folks great prices.

http://www.hrpworld.com/

Quick Reply: Source for Brake Duct Piping