Sponsored by:

Harness Advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008 | 04:27 PM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 993inNC
And thats not really true. I just sent them one SQ and one Sabelt and got my SB fittings back with new webbing, and both for the price of a new set of any type of belt.
Hmmm. The nice lady on the phone today said they only reweb their own 3 brands. She was quite clear on this and mentioned a rule or law, I forget which it was, that prohibits one company from rewebbing another companies gear.

I was looking to get my Simpsons rewebbed but will fork out small $ for a cheap short term set untill the real car is ready.
Old 02-28-2008 | 05:32 PM
993inNC
Race Car

I don't know what to say other than maybe they don't web other's belts <<<wink, wink>>> but I got my same cam buckle back from my non Safequip belts...?? On a side note, they did also screw up the SQ set in that they have the lap belts in "pull up" from the mounting as apposed to "pull away" from the cam. I called Tim right away and then ran into him at Roebling 2 w/e's ago (just after I talked to him by phone) and he told me to send the lap belt back and he'd get it strait.
Old 02-28-2008 | 05:48 PM
Big6Dad
Burning Brakes

PCA is becoming like SCCA.......over regulated. A 4 point isn't acceptable, but a standard automobiles lap/shoulder belt is?
Here is my understanding of the 4 point belt and why it is allowed for DE events. Someone makes a 4 point belt for BMW's (some, not all models) that are DOT approved. As a result they are allowed for DE events just as the stock DOT approved 3 point belts are allowed.
Old 02-28-2008 | 06:06 PM
DarkSideDE
Pro

Jackie is that you? PCA is becoming like SCCA.......over regulated. A 4 point isn't acceptable, but a standard automobiles lap/shoulder belt is?
Yes Chris - who else... lol (Did you think Al was lurking around Rennlist?)
Are you coming to the Dark Side in May - love to see you at Roebling again. It's going to be fun with Serge as CI and Rob bringing the BBQ for Sat.

Were you there for Citrus 2 weeks ago? Or 1st Coast BMW last weekend? Both events were wonderful, I had a lot of fun showing up...

Originally Posted by Big6Dad
Here is my understanding of the 4 point belt and why it is allowed for DE events. Someone makes a 4 point belt for BMW's (some, not all models) that are DOT approved. As a result they are allowed for DE events just as the stock DOT approved 3 point belts are allowed.
Big6Dad - From what I understand Schroth is a German manufacturer making racing stuff... not just for BMW. Do you read German? Take a look at their German site - www.schroth.com

I spoke to BMW - it's not just any 4 pt belt they'd accept - only the Schroth brand - because of ASM -- therefore, you are not likely to slip down into the seat and choke yourself to death (the reason I was given for PCA outlawing ALL 4 pt belts). Are they DOT approved - haven't done that much research into it - but again, if it is good enough for BMW HPDE then why not PCA?

Maybe PCA is making sure for insurance reasons?
Old 02-28-2008 | 06:10 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Maybe PCA realizes that if you have a proper seat for a 4 point harness then you most likely have a seat that has a slot for a sub strap and you can for a few dollars more get an even better setup. Just a thought.
Old 02-28-2008 | 06:40 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Originally Posted by DarkSideDE
Yes Chris - who else... lol (Did you think Al was lurking around Rennlist?)
Are you coming to the Dark Side in May - love to see you at Roebling again. It's going to be fun with Serge as CI and Rob bringing the BBQ for Sat.

Were you there for Citrus 2 weeks ago? Or 1st Coast BMW last weekend? Both events were wonderful, I had a lot of fun showing up...
Yeah I was at the Citrus event............student didn't show to boot!!! Ney on the Bimmer event, I was supposed to be going with Peachtree to RA but they canceled. I gave up a Chin event to do RA and now nothing Not sure about May, don't tend to do the warmer weathered events just for sake of taking care of a 111K aircooled motor (cooler weather is better for it)

I'd like to get back to RA, but no one's going there that I can find anytime soon. I destroy tires at RRR, hadn't been to VIR in some time. I need more of a challenge, RRR I can do with my eyes closed! I might be persuaded though, depending on work and cashflow

Met a gentleman at RRR that told me all about the details of what went on.....sounded like a real smackdown BTW where are details posted for your events these days since not thru PCA?
Old 02-28-2008 | 06:42 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Originally Posted by Big6Dad
Learn something new every day I still stand by my SCCA comment though
Old 02-28-2008 | 06:50 PM
DarkSideDE
Pro

...I destroy tires at RRR...
Met a gentleman at RRR that told me all about the details of what went on.....sounded like a real smackdown BTW where are details posted for your events these days since not thru PCA?
Even with the new paving? So many have had their tires lasting these days... I remember when a set of slicks were down to about 1 hour at Roebling and they'd be gone, gone, gone... now I've had folks say a set of slicks can last 3+ DEs there...

The event details and applications are at www.darksidede.com -- thanks for helping me do another shameless plug...

Jackie
Old 02-28-2008 | 07:01 PM
joyride5
Instructor

I used schroth hybrid iii, takes slightly longer time to put them on, but the comfort is worth it. You don't have the metal substrap t bar digging into your crotch!
Old 02-28-2008 | 08:32 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Originally Posted by DarkSideDE
Even with the new paving? So many have had their tires lasting these days... I remember when a set of slicks were down to about 1 hour at Roebling and they'd be gone, gone, gone... now I've had folks say a set of slicks can last 3+ DEs there...

The event details and applications are at www.darksidede.com -- thanks for helping me do another shameless plug...

Jackie
Yes.....absolutely DESTROYED my Yok's 2 w/e ago. Now to be fair, they had a full CMP w/e, 3 days @ Daytona, but looked to be in great shape with plenty of meat. I may have been driving harder than ever before, but WOW...... I'll have to take pics of them and post. Rolled up the d.s. outer contact patch back about 1" in from the edge (never seen or experienced that before, even when I raced!) down to the cords! The rear was next, I switch to my Hoosier bricks for couple of session and then went home, had had enough. Yes to all the suspension questions......well setup for track, something went wrong though.

Your welcome for the plug I'll check out the site.
Old 02-28-2008 | 09:18 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Schroth

Dan, you're right around the corner from me. PM me if you want to come over and look at my setup. I have the schroth setup.

Quick Reply: Harness Advice