Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

12 Hrs of Sebring Entry List

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 09:43 AM
Alpine951
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had heard that the line outside the track is backed up for quite a distance at very early times in the morning the day of the race and because of this you won't get in untill after the race starts. Others on here who have actually driven to the track the mornoing of the race can hopefully prove me wrong. I was considering staying at a friends place in Kissimee and drive to and from the track but decided against it when i had heard this and due to the fact that i would be missing all the festivities during the week at the track if I didn't camp trackside.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:54 AM
SeaCay
Thefu
Rennlist Member

Received 658 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by Alpine951
I had heard that the line outside the track is backed up for quite a distance at very early times in the morning the day of the race and because of this you won't get in untill after the race starts. Others on here who have actually driven to the track the mornoing of the race can hopefully prove me wrong. I was considering staying at a friends place in Kissimee and drive to and from the track but decided against it when i had heard this and due to the fact that i would be missing all the festivities during the week at the track if I didn't camp trackside.
Have never missed the start of the race due to traffic. Not saying that there isn't a line, but you may be thinking it's something that it really isn't. Lots of stuff to see prior to the race anyway, so if you plan to arrive early, and actually do, you won't be bored silly.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:52 PM
Alpine951
Drifting

update as of today:

http://www.imsaracing.net/2008/event...%20Entries.pdf
Old 02-26-2008, 01:50 PM
nkhalidi
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

As long as I can remember, I've always shown up to the 12hrs in the 8am hour in a Porsche, and traffic hasn't been an issue. IMSA is handling Porsche Corral, so you'd have to deal with parking through them.

One interesting event is a Carrera GT technical analysis (not sure exactly what this is going to entail) scheduled for Friday afternoon. Interesting that PCNA or IMSA is highlighting an out-of-production car.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:29 PM
dmw44
Burning Brakes

The people who I will be camping with are from the SebringFans group. They have about 30 years experience collectively going to the race. I know all about the WFO party and have ordered my first Drinking for Holland Tshirt. Can't wait. I have attached my updated version of the 2008 poster. Note the flames and smoke from the hotel!
Love your "updated version" of the '08 poster! I think the fire actually started on the third floor, so you are very accurate! You will love the event--some people actually watch the racing. Make sure you go over to F-Troop Friday night. Lots of support races on Friday.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:03 PM
Blackness
Pro

I arrived last year around 7:30am with no problems parking in the Porsche corral. Not sure if or when the corral was at capacity. But, I would plan to be there by 8am to play it safe. And as SeaCAy says, there's plenty to see and you don't have tons of time before the race start at 10:05am.

If you plan to park in the Porsche corral you have to purchase the right credentials ahead of time. It's not like the PCA run corral at Daytona where you just show up, first come, first serve.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:50 PM
SeaCay
Thefu
Rennlist Member

Planet Lemans has updated their site as well. Thanks for the heads up.

So one of the 997's hasn't officially entered (yet?) meaning Flying Lizards is the ONLY team fielding the new RSR???

Hopefully the RS Spyders can fill the podium at least (if their alternators hold up this time around).
Old 02-27-2008, 01:13 PM
Alpine951
Drifting

One of the guys i will be camping with owns his own video production company and he just threw together a few short teasers from last years race. Apparently it has rained some years. Last year during one of the support races it rained and some believe the area was hit with a mictoburst. These are Quicktime movies so you need Quicktime to view them. The first one is when they were red flagging a support race and also of the aftermath of the storm. The other one is some great footage of the 12 hours. Those turbi diesels really are pretty quiet. I prefer the wide open scream coming from the other cars, just like my car when i swap out the catalytic converter for a straight pipe. I'm getting ancy. Hurry up Sebring!! Enjoy

www.svpweb.com/SebringStorm.mov

www.svpweb.com/SebringTeaser.mov
Old 02-28-2008, 02:03 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

How do you get Porsche Corral tickets? I know this might sound like a weird question but if you know me you know why I ask...Which parking is better, the Porsche Corral or Handicap parking?

thanks! Mike
Old 02-28-2008, 02:54 AM
easyC
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The stig is going to be driving the Number 10 radical.... oh yeah!
Old 02-28-2008, 08:14 AM
SeaCay
Thefu
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mdrums
How do you get Porsche Corral tickets? I know this might sound like a weird question but if you know me you know why I ask...Which parking is better, the Porsche Corral or Handicap parking?

thanks! Mike
For Porscheplatz tickets information and purchase, please contact Sebring International Raceway at (800) 626-RACE.

Per: http://www.imsaracing.net/2008/car%2...rscheplatz.pdf
Old 02-28-2008, 09:19 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

One of the guys i will be camping with owns his own video production company and he just threw together a few short teasers from last years race. Apparently it has rained some years. Last year during one of the support races it rained and some believe the area was hit with a mictoburst. These are Quicktime movies so you need Quicktime to view them. The first one is when they were red flagging a support race and also of the aftermath of the storm. The other one is some great footage of the 12 hours. Those turbi diesels really are pretty quiet. I prefer the wide open scream coming from the other cars, just like my car when i swap out the catalytic converter for a straight pipe. I'm getting ancy. Hurry up Sebring!! Enjoy

www.svpweb.com/SebringStorm.mov

www.svpweb.com/SebringTeaser.mov
Cool vids, thanks for sharing.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:54 AM
SeaCay
Thefu
Rennlist Member

Back to the original point: Has Farnbacher Loles thrown in the towel for ALMS in favor of Grand Am for 2008? I looked at their website under "news" but couldn't find a press release stating anything about not running GT2 this season. Has anyone heard, yay or nay, what the decision was with regards to ALMS in '08?

Interesting also that Peterson White is out of GT2 in their Ferrari. They'll go rallying this year and attempt to return to ALMS next year.

We also know that Rahal will be in BMW next year and Tafel in Ferrari this year, but what happened to J3 and Trans Sport?
Old 02-28-2008, 09:59 AM
Blackness
Pro

Originally Posted by mdrums

thanks! Mike
Not sure how good the handicapped parking is. Looking at the trackmap, it doesn't look like there's a spot that gives you good views from the parking. The P-corral is located in the area marked "Hospitality" as Turn 17 comes onto the front straight. You can park there and watch the cars wheel hop around the turn all day long. And the p-corral has a tent to get out of the sun (or rain) and a TV feed to keep up with what's going on.

Here's a link to the track map...

Sebring Track Map
Old 02-29-2008, 02:47 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackness
Not sure how good the handicapped parking is. Looking at the trackmap, it doesn't look like there's a spot that gives you good views from the parking. The P-corral is located in the area marked "Hospitality" as Turn 17 comes onto the front straight. You can park there and watch the cars wheel hop around the turn all day long. And the p-corral has a tent to get out of the sun (or rain) and a TV feed to keep up with what's going on.

Here's a link to the track map...

Sebring Track Map
Thanks for the reply. I just do not want to drive my Porsche over to the track and have to park 2 miles down the road somewhere. I wear a full left leg prosthetic and get around well but I need to park inside the track to save my energy for walking around the track.
I would rather make the drive my my Porsche than my SUV ya know...Thanks!

Quick Reply: 12 Hrs of Sebring Entry List