Sponsored by:

nurburgring taxi ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 06:28 AM
hammerwerfer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bobt993
There are several other "taxi" services including an old mini-cooper powered by an NSX engine.
Achim really flies in the 'ring Mini. It is indeed fun to watch. He does not run a "taxi2 though.

I have also seen a Dodge Viper taking people for rides.
The Zakspeed Viper is the only other recognised 'ring taxi. It is more expensive, last I looked something along the lines of 295€ for a lap.

It is very hard to get a seat in the M5, but you can always try and book one.
I've never tried it, but apprently you have to be pretty quick with the old keyboard the minute the tickets are offered on the website.

A good alternative is to check in with the attractive girl at the desk and see fi there are any cancelations, or even an empty seat. If you see an empty seat or two, ask the drive if you can hop in. Sometimes you can split the cost with the passenger.

Some Texans got the last Taxi lap last seson just by chatting with the driver.

Your other opportunity is to drop in the paddock and hook up with a local ringer. For the price of toll ticket, you can usually get a ride.
You are better off making sure the driver has a Jahresausweis (season pass). The ride will cost you nothing, and you can be sure that he knows his way around. With the money you save, (a single lap ticket is now 21€), you can buy him a bier or two later in the evening.

There are a few illicit 'ring taxis who ply their trade on busy weekends, but I would advise against them. You can be sure that they are not insured for hire passengers, and if things go Tango Uniform, you could be in for a nasty shock.

You really have to drive at least one lap yourself. Hire one of Theo's cars, or sneak out with your own hire car.

So what if Hertz gives you a lifetime,world-wide ban...? It's worth it.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:04 AM
Trevor Ely
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but I'd also check out http://forum.ringersforum.com/

Plenty of folks that are willing to help you out on your 'Ring visit. Several of them guided me through my visit.

Quick Reply: nurburgring taxi ?