Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCA Zone 2 at VIR in March.....Who's going???

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 07:42 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Terry, great seeing ya this past weekend! Looking forward to Zone 2. Got your PM, I'll get back to you here shortly. I have to run and make dinner
Old 02-18-2008, 09:55 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm scared on what the weather be like, temps and so on.. Yesterday I took the car out in the backroads, car was planted for the most part, but back end was swinging on some turns, not sure which tires to run hmmm!
Old 02-18-2008, 10:30 PM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MacGT3
Forklift, you are one of the best drivers at these events, you do not need a warning sticker for danger just one for speed.

Jimbo! I'll try to remember that when I point you by. haha.

See you in a few weeks!
Old 02-18-2008, 11:26 PM
ZAPmobile
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
2:04.8

Also set some new personal best on entry and exit speeds....especially the climbing esses and southbend where I have been working ALOT on that section.

Entry to esses 134
Exit of Esses 117
Southbend 96

I need to go back and crunch the segment times to see what that translated to in time gained.
Holy s--t! Incredible times! It looks as though the rest of us drovers at Zone 2 have our work cut out for us. Nice going!

By the way, were these times on old or new tires?
Old 02-18-2008, 11:37 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2:04.8

Also set some new personal best on entry and exit speeds....especially the climbing esses and southbend where I have been working ALOT on that section.

Entry to esses 134
Exit of Esses 117
Southbend 96

I need to go back and crunch the segment times to see what that translated to in time gained.
How did you record these laps? Traqmate? If so would you mind sharing some files?
Old 02-19-2008, 12:27 AM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,025 Likes on 479 Posts

holy ****...134 into the esses???? GOD DAYUM!
Old 02-19-2008, 07:31 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ZAPmobile
Holy s--t! Incredible times! It looks as though the rest of us drovers at Zone 2 have our work cut out for us. Nice going!

By the way, were these times on old or new tires?
They were on a set of scrubs I bought from Bob Chick. Have no idea what the history of them is. I should have new tires by Zone 2

Originally Posted by wanna911
How did you record these laps? Traqmate? If so would you mind sharing some files?
I use Traqmate to record all my data. I'd be happy to share the files. Not sure exactly what to post but let me know what graphic to post and I'll get some screen shots.

I am going to play with the Traqmate this weekend and try out the new TBL feature to see what that would yield. I just need to create the segments that I think make the most sense.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:02 PM
s997gt3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi guys,
new to rennlist. most of the time i've been over at 6speed,but i've been lurking over hare on and off for the last couple of mounths.
great forum over here so i signed up.
count me in for vir march 14-16,i'll be running in white,looks like a big turnout for rennlist and 6speed guys.
let me go and fill out my avatar stuff.
thanks
stuart
Old 02-19-2008, 02:10 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by s997gt3
hi guys,
new to rennlist. most of the time i've been over at 6speed,but i've been lurking over hare on and off for the last couple of mounths.
great forum over here so i signed up.
count me in for vir march 14-16,i'll be running in white,looks like a big turnout for rennlist and 6speed guys.
let me go and fill out my avatar stuff.
thanks
stuart
Stu welcome buddy, been a while since we went for a drive!!!

We need to talk about VIR, I would love to ride down with you!

Martin
Old 02-19-2008, 02:33 PM
wanna911
Race Car

They were on a set of scrubs I bought from Bob Chick. Have no idea what the history of them is. I should have new tires by Zone 2

I use Traqmate to record all my data. I'd be happy to share the files. Not sure exactly what to post but let me know what graphic to post and I'll get some screen shots.

I am going to play with the Traqmate this weekend and try out the new TBL feature to see what that would yield. I just need to create the segments that I think make the most sense.

Actually you can email the files to me as an atachment if you dont mind. whitee@bellsouth.net. One at a time as session files are pretty big.

TBL works great, it's more realistic to 5-8 segments, not the 15 or so that the auto create feature will give you. Then look at the individual segment times to see where you were faster and when.

My fastest lap to date at Road Atlanta (1:33) showed me being a whole second slower through the first half of the lap than some of my other laps, then blistering the rest of the track to catch up. (It was serious DE traffic). So I know I have at least 8/10ths I can trim off that lap. Add some A6's and I hope to be in the 1:29's before years end.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:12 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

I just went into the data files and changed (deleted) the "auto segments" to get it down to about 8 segments and the TBL was 2:03.7

I'll work on the files when I get some time (I have to switch over to Windows on my Mac). Shoot me a PM offline and we can exchange files so I don't forget. I'd do it right now but I am in the middle of a lecture I have to get done for tomorrow.

As far as the session files, IIRC, there are 2 types to send, and one of them is MUCH smaller as I have routinely shared files with another Rennlister that I run with alot at VIR.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:23 PM
wanna911
Race Car

2:03 is blazing fast. My goal is to break 2:10 before I leave there.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:44 PM
Paddy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Nice times there Dell! 96mph going into South Bend is pretty dang fast. I'll have to take a peek at my data to see what I'm doing through there. I'm sure I'm MUCH slower than that...

Were you on Hoos?
Old 02-19-2008, 04:52 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

The 96 is what I recorded as the lowest speed from the exit of the esses after my braking for southbend and before I accelerated to the track out of southbend. So where the 96 happens exactly I will need to see but I assume it is just prior to apex at turn-in as I am back on the gas going into the apex all the way to track out. I didn't have enough time to really crunch the data.

The tires were Yokohama scrubs with their good life gone before I got them. By the way, the tires are almost a year old and have been sitting in my garage since June. I'm surprised they had any grip at all Because of that I am very excited to see what can be done when I get new tires. I just couldn't get a set of new Pirelli slicks this past week because of the temps (can't ship in freezing temps).

I never ran them last year after I bought them since I had a new set of R6's I wanted to try out. The best I could muster on those tires (R6) was a 2:06.1
Old 02-19-2008, 07:14 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Whoa Dell that's blazing... What will the weather be like and how's the track conditions this time of year??

I use to swear by RA1's but think now they are obsolete compared to whats out there. Everyone running r comps? I might bring a set of nitto invo's and a comp tire, gt2 is going to be pretty scary/fun out on a fast course like that LOL !

Quick Reply: PCA Zone 2 at VIR in March.....Who's going???