Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCA Zone 2 at VIR in March.....Who's going???

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 07:26 PM
930man
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so does SASCO sell tire too....... lmaoooooo just thought i would add some humor
Old 02-24-2008, 07:35 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sbelles
I think there's a spa nearby.
HAHA
Old 02-24-2008, 07:36 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by 930man
so does SASCO sell tire too....... lmaoooooo just thought i would add some humor
Matt you running 335's?! Where are you getting your alignment spec's from, your shop doing it from another car or setup they had previously done or??
Old 02-26-2008, 08:41 PM
dbryant61
Burning Brakes

Got my confirm. too. New front rotors, ball joints, and heim-jointed drop links sitting in a box. New drilled, plated, and plugged T-bars in another. Just got off the phone with Bilstein - revalved shocks and strut inserts being shipped 2-day tomorrow so I will have them Friday. Busy weekend putting everything back together and an eye-ball and measuring tape ride-height and alignment.

Then off to RaceWerks (with each wheel pulling in its own direction) for the real alignment/ride height/corner balance on Monday. And new Toyos, shaved. First time in three years not running spent Hoosiers. I'm starting to get psyched.

Another "where to get tires", if anyone is interested in asking a bunch of questions followed by "nevermind" (Wanna911 - I'm kidding!), I got the Toyos from http://www.frisbyracetire.com.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:55 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by dbryant61
Got my confirm. too. New front rotors, ball joints, and heim-jointed drop links sitting in a box. New drilled, plated, and plugged T-bars in another. Just got off the phone with Bilstein - revalved shocks and strut inserts being shipped 2-day tomorrow so I will have them Friday. Busy weekend putting everything back together and an eye-ball and measuring tape ride-height and alignment.

Then off to RaceWerks (with each wheel pulling in its own direction) for the real alignment/ride height/corner balance on Monday. And new Toyos, shaved. First time in three years not running spent Hoosiers. I'm starting to get psyched.

Another "where to get tires", if anyone is interested in asking a bunch of questions followed by "nevermind" (Wanna911 - I'm kidding!), I got the Toyos from http://www.frisbyracetire.com.
Thanks for the link, good prices! How long is shipping through them usually?
Old 02-26-2008, 09:02 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, sorry for planning ahead.

I resemble that remark.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:41 PM
dbryant61
Burning Brakes

iLLM3,

I'm not sure. I ordered mine on Friday and they are to be delivered to the shop on Wednesday. There is a slight delay in ther because they had to shave them.

Wanna911,

"KIDDING" or "grow a pair". I won't be part of the group hug.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:45 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Chill out man
Old 02-26-2008, 11:47 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

iLLM3,

I'm not sure. I ordered mine on Friday and they are to be delivered to the shop on Wednesday. There is a slight delay in ther because they had to shave them.

Wanna911,

"KIDDING" or "grow a pair". I won't be part of the group hug.
Cool man thanks for the info... I had a pair of shaved RA1's but sold them.. But whatever, they were 305's and I want 335's on this bad boy, need all the grip I can get, and i'm not going shaved incase the weather is cold and wet, I need some nice tread, also I want them to last a bit!
Old 02-27-2008, 12:37 AM
dbryant61
Burning Brakes

iLLM3,

335s? Sheesh. Like many SCs and other RS-flared older 911s, I run 245s on the rear. I guess that was a wide tire in 1980. It is my understanding that shaving actually makes RA-1s last longer on the track. If you do not shave them, and heat them up and run aggressively, they may chunk. The tread blocks are fairly small and pieces will come off. With them shaved, you can run them till they cord. That's not significant to me because I have run several sets of Hoosiers to the cords. I understand the R888s have bigger tread blocks, so shaving them may not be necessary.

Wanna911,

I said I was kidding. You didn't believe me and felt the need to defend yourself, hence my response. Dead issue, IMO.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:55 AM
iLLM3
Drifting

iLLM3,

335s? Sheesh. Like many SCs and other RS-flared older 911s, I run 245s on the rear. I guess that was a wide tire in 1980. It is my understanding that shaving actually makes RA-1s last longer on the track. If you do not shave them, and heat them up and run aggressively, they may chunk. The tread blocks are fairly small and pieces will come off. With them shaved, you can run them till they cord. That's not significant to me because I have run several sets of Hoosiers to the cords. I understand the R888s have bigger tread blocks, so shaving them may not be necessary.

Wanna911,

I said I was kidding. You didn't believe me and felt the need to defend yourself, hence my response. Dead issue, IMO.
Yea man, even during the summer I would roast my tires (315's) on my GT2 going in a straight line, in 2nd LOL... RUF made the turbos zero clearance, so it has like no lag and all of that power down low, when they get warmed up though on good tires I can hook in first gear, which is awesome!

I am positive the RA1's unshaved on the street last longer, shaved do not but again this isn't hot lapping on the track, and I doubt i'll be doing that if I don't move up to black 2nd or 3rd day!

Drew (Seschang) recommended no shaved for the 3 days, can anyone else chime in??

Martin
Old 02-27-2008, 01:09 AM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 174 Posts

White usually moves pretty well and there are more Gt3s and Turbos then there are in Black.

Here's the Roster sorted by group and then car type.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
VIRlist.zip (18.9 KB, 30 views)
Old 02-27-2008, 01:20 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Wanna911,

Yes, dead issue, carry on.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:01 PM
TedA
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back to our regularly scheduled programming........

TWO WEEKS TO GO!!!!!!!!

Predictions on the thread on the Monday morning after??? Farm Use, BKS/Pansies/Al Gore/Open Passing, The weather, Don B on real suspension and R compounds with less than 113 heat cylcles, the rolling chicane in the black group otherwise known as the cartoon car (me), the amazingly fast cartoon car in the white group (son with a severe lack of understanding of the basic fundametals of physics) pissed because the GT3s aren't giving him point bys???

Please discuss.........
Old 02-28-2008, 09:04 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Ted, I think you just about covered it all!

Quick Reply: PCA Zone 2 at VIR in March.....Who's going???