Sponsored by:

Rotary Revolution 4 post lift installed

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 09:44 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts
Lightbulb Rotary Revolution 4 post lift installed

My usual winter car storage (work) was full of paying customers which I didn't want to turn away so i had to come up with something.

I had always thought about a 4 post storage lift as a someday... type idea. Someday was now.

So I did my research and settled on the Rotary Revolution. I didn't want the cheapest lift I could find. I wanted something reliable and reputable.

I had thought about doing the install myself but I'm glad I didn't. If a car were to fall it would be their fault and i could sue them. $350 well spent in my opinion. Not only would it have taken me a LONG time to figure out but there was a minor problem. During the initial install date in December the guys discovered the cable was kinked from the factory. Probably ok but it would bind and could fail unexpectedly. New cable ordered.

They were to come back on the 4th of Jan. The night before I learned what an abcessed tooth was so instead of waiting for the guys to finish I was in the dentist's chair at 8am. Left for New Zealand that night.

So I rescheduled for today. They came and changed the cable and configured it to work. I have a slope of a few inches on my floor which made things a little more difficult to set up. I have to drive on a pair of 2x10s for a couple feet to make the transition easier. Otherwise I scrape the nose of the car. Not a big deal. The other alternatives were to shim the lower end (same end result) or to store the car with the deck not level. I'll come up with a better solution come spring.

I went to pick up the Corvette (was my dad's) at my mom's house. She's happy to have her garage back. I wouldn't let her use it because of salt off her vehicle. High performance summer tires are awful in ice and snow. Moving the cars in and out on my ice covered driveway was not really an option tonight so the cars are parked not the way I want them. Vette will be stored on top of the GT3.

I ordered a couple of extra drip trays, extra long aluminum ramps and the 110v pump which works better than I expected.

Attached is the obligatory pic. I'll repost in the spring once I get everything cleaned up and put in the proper place. Cabinets are going in this summer to keep all my crap out of sight.
Attached Images  
Old 02-04-2008, 09:59 PM
sjanes
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Where's the Triumph?
Old 02-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Originally Posted by sjanes
Where's the Triumph?
In storage where it's been for 5+ years. It's near your car actually.

Think it'll be put up for sale this spring. Never drive it and after being in a fairly bad accident a few years ago I cringe to think what would happen if anybody hit me in it.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:21 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Nice job.....

How is your tooth?
Old 02-04-2008, 10:25 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lucky you had the clearance to put up a lift, I really wish I had an extra foot.

Poor little lawn tractor, he deserves better!!
Old 02-04-2008, 11:20 PM
cavlino
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Very nice Chris
Old 02-04-2008, 11:57 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
Nice job.....

How is your tooth?
My god I've never felt such pain in my life. I've had bruised ribs, bruised sternum, separated shoulder but all combined didn't come close to tooth pain. Tylenol 3s took the edge off but didn't eliminate the pain.

Gotta go for a root canal or they pull it. Molar just ahead of wisdom tooth.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:59 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Originally Posted by CWay27
Lucky you had the clearance to put up a lift, I really wish I had an extra foot.

Poor little lawn tractor, he deserves better!!
I'm happy it worked out. Wasn't sure if I'd have to relocate the door tracks. May still do it just to be safe.

Lawn tractor is a classic. Liquid cooled Honda. Runs like a top. Not bad for approx. 18 yrs. old. Original turf tires are bald. Gotta replace 'em this year.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:54 PM
kristap
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice looking lift - looks compact & solid. Need to remember this post when looking for a lift...

Quick Reply: Rotary Revolution 4 post lift installed