Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Data acquisition - tap Spa gauge signal?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 02:36 PM
kristap
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Data acquisition - tap Spa gauge signal?

With all of the data acquisition threads open and interest apparently piqued, I'd like to throw another one out there. I have a couple of aftermarket gauges (Spa digital dual readout) for oil pressure, oil temp, water temp, and fuel pressure. They're nice and provide easy to read, real time monitoring for me as well as memory for peak readings. In addition to the gauges, I have a G2x logger which captures rpm, gps data, tps, brake events and can accept 3rd party analog 0-5v signals.

It's not important or critical but I'm curious and if the data is available ... I'd like to capture it. Would it be possible or even advisable to split/tap the signal wire from the senders (0-5v) in order to log the readings? Would it or might it interfere with the gauges?

thanks in advance for your thoughts,
K
Old 02-02-2008, 02:55 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Yes. No problem splitting these sensor signals to the an appropriate 0-5V or 0-12V VNET sensor.
In fact, I might be worth looking at Racepaks new VNET four analog/one digital box, which may be just the shot to log all of these. It retails for under $200.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:23 AM
kristap
Rennlist Member

Good to hear that you're thinking along the same lines. I just received my 4 sensor input Vnet module. Was thinking of using for a temporary suspension rig and then when suspension setup was solid, switching to capturing oil & water temp and maybe brake pressures.

My temp suspension rig isn't going as planned so have this 4 input module sitting here practically looking to connect to a sensor or two. If splitting the signal wire between gauges and logger won't cause an issue, I should be able to have this wired in the next day or two and ready for this weekend at CMP.

Quick Reply: Data acquisition - tap Spa gauge signal?