Sponsored by:

Info needed about PST Insurance for my track car

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 12:42 AM
early_grayce
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

gotcha

How much cheaper is stand-alone PST insurance compared to comprehensive coverage from someone like WSIB or others?
Old 01-30-2008, 07:59 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

WSIB charges $500/yr. That covers the trailer and car, PST policy. Car's value is determined by Blue Book, NADA or Black Book. It is not Agreed Value.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:03 AM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

My racecar has an agreed value of 15,000 and the premium is 250/yr I forget what the deductible is.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:33 AM
MRW
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

$250/yr is the standard for any reasonable agreed value, probably up to $35K or so. I've got it for my S2, makes a lot of sense if you have the car shipped long distances to races. Also provides that level of comfort should something happen in the paddock, storage, or transport. Cheap, sensible insurance.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:07 AM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 993944S2
Eddie. I also have an S2. Would you care to say aprox amount for this type of insurance and how do you agree on value?
Don-

The coverage Heacock is offerering is exactly what I was looking for. I bought and developed the S2 with the idea that I could walk away from it without getting divorced if I balled it up. I just didn't want to worry about it if I had an accident towing it to the track or it got stolen in the paddock or out of my garage (Remember Christian's thread about his trailer being stolen out of his garage?).

Anyway, I have the car insured for $20,000 and with a $250 deductable the cost is $250 annually. I believe that is their minimum premium.

There was never any questions about how I justified what the car is worth. I think to them it's just a numbers game and I could have insurred it for $1 million if I wanted to pay the premium. Of course, if it was stolen there might be some questions asked but i have receipts for more than the insured value so I'm not worried.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:14 AM
smlporsche
Drifting

Originally Posted by BrendanC
What made them think you would track the street car? What did you say?
Brendan-

I know you're in the business and for the life of me (and my agent) we can't figure it out. I've known my agent for 20+ years and have always been forthwright with him.
I had the 944 insured with them for just what the STP coverage includes and it was excluded from coverage on the road.

My agent got hold of somebody further up the corporate food chain last night and after reviewing my records with them agreed that the underwriter made a mistake but they will not insure the track car. I told him that was OK as I already got the ball rolling with Heacock.

I think it was just the case of some underling not fully understanding the situation and just throwing out the baby with the bathwater so to speak.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:17 AM
Glen
Race Car

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by smlporsche
Glen-

Thank you very much. I'll be hooked up by tomorrow. Just need to send them a picture of my car along with the application.

Does anyone have a picture of a 997 Cup they can spare??

Rennlist to the rescue !!
Np, glad I could help. They have taken care of me for years. Jennifer has been great!
Old 01-30-2008, 01:36 PM
early_grayce
Burning Brakes

Another satisfied Rennlister
Old 03-06-2008, 01:26 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"search is your friend" Found this thread with a search - thanks guys.

I was talking to my normal agent yesterday to set an agreed value to my car (I had been paying for simple theft/fire/etc. but no collision). In that discussion it was determined that they would be unlikely to pay any claim for my car. I searched, talked to Jackie at Heacock and now have what I wanted - PST insurance for $100k at a cost of $1k per year ($1k deductable).
Old 03-06-2008, 06:43 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Originally Posted by Tom W
"search is your friend" Found this thread with a search - thanks guys.

I was talking to my normal agent yesterday to set an agreed value to my car (I had been paying for simple theft/fire/etc. but no collision). In that discussion it was determined that they would be unlikely to pay any claim for my car. I searched, talked to Jackie at Heacock and now have what I wanted - PST insurance for $100k at a cost of $1k per year ($1k deductable).
Yeah, I found out that if I had totaled my 944 race car I would only get about 4K for it. It was a sobering conversation.
I sleep much better at night now.

Quick Reply: Info needed about PST Insurance for my track car