Sponsored by:

Who is here from CDOC?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 02:57 PM
smankow
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 930man
mark or Mckenzie both are really good guys and are very helpful... they have never tried to upsell me on anything and in some cases recomened that i buy the less expensive part or model because the higher price didnt gain any value..

but just my .02 cents

+1

that's been my experience with CDOC, too.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:41 AM
Alan Herod
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Carrera51 is who you are looking for. PM him. He posted yesterday.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:37 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Gary. Would you mind sharing your finding and info? These units are on my radar, so I would like a little more education.

I was looking at Motec data from a car that ran in last year's Rolex 24. I think the 'Wheel Speed' data could be very useful. Are you going to or be able to connect sensors to each wheel?
Old 01-25-2008, 08:47 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

It's feasible Randy, just not on my initial list. Steering position, Throttle position, and Brake pressure are the big 3 sensors for now. I am going to run Oil Temp and Pressure, RPM, Gear, Shift lights, etc. through the Dash of course, and am adding GPS for track mapping, G forces, Speed input. The DaVid will most likely be set to go on when I exceed a certain speed and off when I turn the key off. I can't tell you how pissed I am about not getting video when I should have simply because I "forgot" to turn it on or the battery was in my truck being charged 9and I have 2!).. like my 1st Sprint Race!!! NOT happening again.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:56 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

I have been reading about these since your 'DaVid' post. I did not see where they list the 'Auto on and Off' function. That is way cool. I had a camera in the Boxster and keep forgetting to turn it on. Unfourtunately when I did it never stayed on more than 30 sec. Too much vibration for that DVD unit.
AIM seems like the best unit this side of Motec.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:50 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

It uses a Serial connection (believe they call it Lanc) to interface. Worst case scenario I will have a toggle to turn it on/off. Anything is better than looking in my mirror, seeing the video camera, and saying oh CRAP..
Old 01-25-2008, 11:20 AM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes, there is a LAN-C Remote for the recording system. The DaVid is just a processor for the video it actually records a separte device, commonly a ChaseCam system.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:16 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

It just (I am pretty thick sometimes) realized that the video will cost me more than the whole DA system. I didn't get the fact that I need a full Chase Cam system AND the DaVid, thought I just needed to add cameras.. $2K just for the integration? Have to give that more thought..
Old 01-25-2008, 02:34 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

I don't remember reading anything about having to add the Chase Cam. So that make 3 components; AIM Pista or MXL Pro, DaVid and Chase Cam? I was under the impression the DaVid was the integration and recording device in one box.
Seems you have to buy the GPS module separate also. Correct?
Old 01-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes, the DaVid is the video processor but you need a recording device of some sort. It doesn't need to be a ChaseCam but that is the most common one I've seen used.

The GPS is an addition as well.

Quick Reply: Who is here from CDOC?