Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997 Cobalt GT3 For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 12:42 PM
930man
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The other fact is that you have impacted the warrantee by replacing the flywheel>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Mitch no offense but that is a statement that is bs... i have used lwfw in 2 different cars .. on my 996 GT3 the clutch came apart completly... we think it was a bad part chewing up the trasmission housing to the point where it was recomened a new transmission should be installed due to gouges in the aliuminum and vibrations ... i brought the car to the dealer with the harnesses in and the slicks on rubber on the hood...

it was a pretty big hit cost wise ... it was handeled as a warranty item... i did have to pay 30 percent because i wanted lwfw reininstalled Porsche picked up the rest...

i never seen them decline a warranty when a Porsche lwfw is installed... if your dealer does i think you are beingf hosed..
Old 01-24-2008, 12:44 PM
930man
Rennlist Member

it is a very nice car sounds awsome
Old 01-24-2008, 01:02 PM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 94 Posts

Wow, calm down!

A man with your disipline and training and military background should appreciate the directness of this board. Your price is too high even though this is an awesome car.

Thank you for your service and be careful.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:21 PM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 930man
The other fact is that you have impacted the warrantee by replacing the flywheel>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Mitch no offense but that is a statement that is bs... i have used lwfw in 2 different cars .. on my 996 GT3 the clutch came apart completly... we think it was a bad part chewing up the trasmission housing to the point where it was recomened a new transmission should be installed due to gouges in the aliuminum and vibrations ... i brought the car to the dealer with the harnesses in and the slicks on rubber on the hood...

it was a pretty big hit cost wise ... it was handeled as a warranty item... i did have to pay 30 percent because i wanted lwfw reininstalled Porsche picked up the rest...

i never seen them decline a warranty when a Porsche lwfw is installed... if your dealer does i think you are beingf hosed..
Originally Posted by brianbento
AWE Tuning Light weight fly wheel (13.5 pounds)
He didn't use a Porsche part. That is a big difference.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:26 PM
930man
Rennlist Member

i would still doubt there would be a problem with it... point taken though
Old 01-24-2008, 01:26 PM
SGOGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 51 Posts

The fact of the matter is that your car is significantly over priced and not anywhere close to being an RSR or dedicated race vehicle. Full interior, no roll cage, no fuel cell, no fire system, factory seats, navigation, carbon fiber, etc. You have a very nice showroom condition GT3 with a track suspension. The expensive exhaust system is probably great for the 'hey look at me factor' but probably not doing a whole lot beyond that.

If you choose to post on public forums you better be damn sure that you can take some constructive criticism (and maybe even some less than constructive criticism).

Welcome to the world of online forums. Feel free to reply with another outburst of angry ALL CAPS typing. I actually find it amusing.

Quick Reply: 997 Cobalt GT3 For Sale