Roebling Road 1:18 Video

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 09:17 AM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
It's too boring to go fast.
If you say so...get in a car with someone who knows Roebling and see if you think it's still boring. If you aren't turning into almost every corner fully committed at a speed that makes you wonder if you'll ever get it hauled down before the apex without spinning off the track and into the sand dunes, you aren't going fast enough to have fun yet. If you treat it like a cruise through the mountains, it will be boring.

Very little, if any, braking at Roebling should every be done with the car pointed in a straight line.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:54 AM
largeandturbocharged
Racer

It's too boring to go fast.
I bet you wouldn't think Roebling was boring in my passenger seat.

L&T
Old 01-18-2008, 09:56 AM
Patrick E
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 37 Posts

Agree with Bryan. Once you really learn the track and start pushing, it becomes a lot more interesting to drive. It's no VIR, but I always have a good time whenever I go to RRR.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:57 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bryan Watts
If you say so...get in a car with someone who knows Roebling and see if you think it's still boring. If you aren't turning into almost every corner fully committed at a speed that makes you wonder if you'll ever get it hauled down before the apex without spinning off the track and into the sand dunes, you aren't going fast enough to have fun yet. If you treat it like a cruise through the mountains, it will be boring.

Very little, if any, braking at Roebling should every be done with the car pointed in a straight line.
Hey guys, dont get offended, different strokes for different folks. It's just my personal opinion. I've gone fairly fast there in a novice group with no clean laps in a hardly setup car (1:21). I spent the majority of the weekend with an instructor that wouldnt let me go anywhere near the limits and let me go solo on the very last run, I couldnt go faster than 1:28 with that instructor in the car with all the "EASY ON THE POWER, SLOWER, SLOWER!!!!!" calls.

So maybe my attitude is largely based on that, but I can do upper to mid teens without a sweat IF I were to ever go back, but even after I left, I had no desire whatsoever to return. I'd rather go to Talladega GP first, and I've boiled brakes and went off track there. But at least there are some "real" turns. Roebling is a good training track for sweepers, but that's about it. The track just doesnt compare to the other tracks in the region IMO.

And if you have a 911 and drive there, your drivers side rear tire takes the worse beating I've ever seen, you can complately destroy it in one day.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:44 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

And if you have a 911 and drive there, your drivers side rear tire takes the worse beating I've ever seen, you can complately destroy it in one day.
Rotate the tires...problem solved. You should have driven Roebling back before the repave. We could burn through a set of slicks in two sessions.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:51 PM
wanna911
Race Car

It's still a boring waist of tires. And dont assume someone cant go fast somewhere because they dont like the track. Lots of people dont like Road Atlanta, but I love it, and lack of ***** is not something you can have and be fast at RA, wihch I am.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:27 PM
largeandturbocharged
Racer

It's still a boring waist of tires. And dont assume someone cant go fast somewhere because they dont like the track. Lots of people dont like Road Atlanta, but I love it, and lack of ***** is not something you can have and be fast at RA, wihch I am.
I'm confused, are you fast or do you lack *****?

L&T
Old 01-18-2008, 02:44 PM
rsrdan
Racer

...looks like you are going in a little early in turn 10 (onto the straight )
Old 01-18-2008, 02:59 PM
largeandturbocharged
Racer

Originally Posted by rsrdan
...looks like you are going in a little early in turn 10 (onto the straight )
Defensive move, I was sliding quite a bit and did not want to end up in the wall...but you are right, that is not the fastest way around that corner. At RRR, they call that 8, I have always thought it was 9.

Cleve
Old 01-18-2008, 04:50 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Originally Posted by largeandturbocharged
I'm confused, are you fast or do you lack *****?

L&T
You'll see for yourself at some point.

Quick Reply: Roebling Road 1:18 Video